Craik and Lockhart (1972)

Minuet

We just started on the Psych IA last week and I already feel like it's going to be a major disaster :( I already changed my topic thrice because I couldn't find any resources whatsoever on my previous topics. We don't have public libraries where I live, and the Psychology books at my school library provide little to no information on my topic. I'm now doing the levels of processing, specifically Craik and Lockhart's 1972 study, and I'm really liking it. But, I'm in desperate need for the actual study. I can't seem to find it. I found replications, criticisms...anything related to the study, you name it, I have it, except for the actual thing. I searched on Ebsco, Proquest, Google Books, everything. The original study was apparently published in a Journal of Verbal Learning and Verbal Behavior, specifically the 11th volume. Clearly, I can't find that, either. Help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Minuet

We just started on the Psych IA last week and I already feel like it's going to be a major disaster :(

It is very frustrating not to be able to find what you need for your IA. Don't worry you will be fine, just prepare and everything will be alright :). Many IAs that do well do not even cite original papers, just secondary sources like books so while I understand your academic need to read the actual paper it isn't necessary. Craik and Lockhart did not actually do an experiment in 1972, they just discussed their theoretical foundation to justify future research on LOP. The experiment was done by Craik and Tulving (1975) (using this as a reference to find out what they did would have been fine but of course citing the original paper in the bibliography - but here's the pdf :P ) and this is the one you should partially replicate.

Hope that helps :).

Enjoy the IA, it's actually fun running the experiment :).

Anything else just ask.

This is the formula I usually use: researcher names year pdf. Google craig and tulving 1975 pdf and it's the top result ;). Try the same technique for loftus and palmer 1974 pdf and again top result.  When this doesn't work I search the title of the original paper.  If that doesn't work I look for the author's own homepage because sometimes they store pdfs of their work there.<br>

• 1 year later...