What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Alex .

The title is quite explanatory, but just for clarification, you post something you have done that makes you feel proud! It can be anything and everything.

I will get the ball rolling with:

Today I finished my prep work for when I start the IB in September.

• Like 1

as I want to go into Computer Science, I figured it would help if I learn some easy programming by myself over this holiday. well, I did when I was in grade 8, but I've forgotten the codes! so today I re-learnt programming using Visual Basic by myself. and I created my own Body Mass Index Calculator! :D I'm sooooo happy and proud! I know it's very easy to create, and the professional programmers would look down on me, but I'm still happy because I built it myself and I fixed the errors myself :)

Today I made 3 fried eggs without the whites touching each other in the pan >:D

as I want to go into Computer Science, I figured it would help if I learn some easy programming by myself over this holiday. well, I did when I was in grade 8, but I've forgotten the codes! so today I re-learnt programming using Visual Basic by myself. and I created my own Body Mass Index Calculator! :D I'm sooooo happy and proud! I know it's very easy to create, and the professional programmers would look down on me, but I'm still happy because I built it myself and I fixed the errors myself :)

Have you tried the Scratch? It is designed for beginners, and when I mean beginners, EVERYONE :P Text-based languages such as Visual Basic are often harder until you get a good hold of the essentials. My dad said if you learn C, most of the other ones are a lot easier to get to. :D

• Like 3

Have you tried the Scratch? It is designed for beginners, and when I mean beginners, EVERYONE :P Text-based languages such as Visual Basic are often harder until you get a good hold of the essentials. My dad said if you learn C, most of the other ones are a lot easier to get to. :D

I've never heard of it! link me please..? :P

VB is not that difficult! it's said to be easy, compared to the real programming languages :( I'm lucky though because I've learnt the basics in grade 8. that's why I choose to learn VB not java or C++ lol :P

To stay relevant, I am proud that I have just finished 40% of my rough draft of my EE.

I've never heard of it! link me please..? :P

VB is not that difficult! it's said to be easy, compared to the real programming languages :( I'm lucky though because I've learnt the basics in grade 8. that's why I choose to learn VB not java or C++ lol :P

Scratch is even easier! It is not text-based loll.. but the limitations are crazy :S However I took computer science in grade 10 and it gave me a really good sense of the programming experience.

Scratch programming langauge

Scratch is even easier! It is not text-based loll.. but the limitations are crazy :S However I took computer science in grade 10 and it gave me a really good sense of the programming experience.

Real programmers code in binary.

I did not do anything to make myself proud today. I spent six hours or so in front of the computer...

Real programmers code in binary.

I did not do anything to make myself proud today. I spent six hours or so in front of the computer...

LOL, that is inconvenient. To code in 1s and 0s. Yeah I've been doing that too... Not to proud of it...

I am proud because I have got my silver Duke of Edinburgh award :D

Just got to get gold!

that's great already! congratulations!!! :congrats:

I feel proud because I've cleared up all the new topics in this forum today. been unable to read new posts and help for a few weeks. finally, I marked the board as read.