BMAT and November IB exams clashing

ecieee

Did anybody notice that BMAT and November IB Exams clash?

It's on 2nd of Nov this year and I am clearly sitting a Maths Exam on that day.

Not only that, the only testing centre in Australia is at Melbourne - which will require an airplane ride about 2-3 hrs.

My IB coordinator has no idea how she can help me - she told me that IB hardly ever approve rescheduling exams(even when your father dies or you just broke your back from a car accident). The BMAT people tell me that I should talk to the IBO because they can't do anything about it.

Does this simply mean that I can't even get to apply to Oxbridge med? :'( I know that the chances are slim anyway but still..............

Is anyone in the same shoes as me? Has anyone heard anything like this before?

This sounds highly lame. I agree, the IBO are never going to change anything because they have hearts of steel (also their exam is much more important that everybody does it at the same time) and I doubt the BMAT people will give way either. The best people, therefore, for you to approach are the people who require the BMAT - i.e. the place you want to apply to. Ring up the Universities you're looking at which require the BMAT and explain your dilemma to them. Perhaps offer to sit a paper similar to the BMAT or fulfil some other requirement for them and explain that you can (assuming you can) offer to do it somehow in conjunction with your school who will officiate and ensure it's all under exam conditions etc.

I honestly think they'll be quite sympathetic and find a way around it for you.

• 1 month later...

Well, I guess, the IB Exams are more important for you, compared to the BMAT, right?

But I have a friend who was in the same position as you, but this way 5 years ago, and she just explained to the university her situation, and the university still accepted her application. It turned out to be awesome, since, even without the test, she got into that university.

:D

So I think it just needs a little bit of recognition!