Anyone wanna collaborate in learning french?

ecieee

I'm sitting the Nov 2011 IB French Ab Initio SL and I thought I should really get started on studying for french!

I lack the motivation to do it alone so I thought if I could get some people who wants a 7 in French Ab Init. like me

we will be able to form like an online study group or something. We can perhaps write Paper 2 responses and mark each other,

correct each others work and also learn vocabs together? I use to do a study group for english vocab building

and it went really well - it was fun and very helpful!!

Anybody interested? PM or reply to this post?

• Like 1

Sure, I think that a creating a Skype group sounds like an interesting concept, and if that fails we can always just communicate using the standard MSN or e-mail.

Out of cursorily, what year are you all taking the French exam? I'm taking it in May 2013, however I already did a year of Pre-IB French last year.

:)

i can help out as well=) im taking SL French (predicted a 5..not so good i know) but i did get an A* for my IGCSE and Ab Initio is exactly like IGCSE french=) I'm also quite strong with oral french, if anybody needs help with that i will definately lend my services :P

I'd advise you not just to surround yourself with other French Ab Initio students, but also French students of other levels. For instance, I know my french improved greatly when I started talking to a friend who was native French. I felt self conscious at talking first, but it really helped me.

Also, some suggestions of what you guys can do:

- Watch TV shows/the News/Youtube Videos in French and then discuss them. You won't understand a lot at first, but I've found that it really helps and increases vocabulary as well!

- Make up dialogues/role plays together in French. That would work out well in Skype.

- Test each other on Vocabulary. Learning synonyms helps unbelievably!

- Talk about topics like summer and family etc that always come up in exams!

Good luck getting those 7s everybody! This is a great idea!

• 2 years later...