Common app Essays - What did YOU write (or are writing) about?

ShootingStars

Oh how this brings back memories. I'm so pissed that I bothered with all that torture when I knew I was headed to the UK and only applied to the States to see if I could actually get in. My advice, the more twisted and messed up your application essay, the more chance of you being interviewed and eventually accepted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been thinking a lot about this and I think I may have a topic.

I was born in Australia, had primary school in England but moved back to Australia for high school.

I'm going to write about how I don't really know if I'm British or Australian, how it changes from one to the other and how in some ways I don't fit in in either and how in other ways I fit in with both.

I'll slip in as many of my extra-curriculars as I can, because they actually tie in quite well.

Is this a suitable topic? Or is it overdone, or not SOMETHING enough?

Think like an Admissions Officer.

You have 1000+ Essays to read, and if every single one of them is just the same, then, there's there's just okay, but if there's one that stands out, that takes risks (IB Learner Profile :)), that tries something new, that evokes emotions, that commissions literary devices and that truly leaves a mark: that is what a good admissions essay is about.

Some people just write about experiences, and this and that. I guess its going to be better if you go on the risky side, especially if you're Academics are okay. Not too risky, that you only place a word, and say, procrastination, or something, but something that is worth reading, something worth pouring someone's time over, something worth an acceptance letter!

If you need any help for writing admissions essays, I may be of help! :D

Just PM me! :D

But for now, good luck. :)

Edited by The Filipino Limner
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...