Word Count?

Ummmm? I've never been told that paper2 has words omitted from the word count? We honestly don't count. Count up 3 lines of writing, average the word count, then count your lines and do some multiplication and that will give you an idea. Aim for about 260-270 when you do this (SL) do account for the lines that are under your average :)

I'm not sure how closely IB looks at your word count, but, I was told not to write more than 350 words because some examiners will stop reading after a point and just grade what you have. So it seems more prudent to stop at a point and then go over and revise what you have written to boost up your language score.

I'm not sure how closely IB looks at your word count, but, I was told not to write more than 350 words because some examiners will stop reading after a point and just grade what you have. So it seems more prudent to stop at a point and then go over and revise what you have written to boost up your language score.

Are you sure about this?

I'm in French B SL, and for paper 2, although it's a minimum of 250 words, I usually end up around 400 words... :S

• 5 months later...

I wrote 550 words for my swahili B SL exam...threw in as many proverbs as I could possibly think to fit in the situations I was describing! Threw in some idioms too and make sure you elaborate your points fully..like explain it methodically, assume the people you're speaking to know nothing about the subject so make sure you explain your points fully! In a class test we had to write an article about the increasing of strikes in school, I wrote their causes but didn't explain how each cause led to a strike..so I scored 18/30! Just do all of that and you'll manage 25+!