How hard was your Ib school to get into?

• 1 month later...

Not that hard, my school only does IB and Dogwood so I had already been accepted for grades 8-12 for Dogwood, which is just standard acceptance for public school, then for IB almost everyone makes it unless you have bad work habits or just terrible grades in general but most people that have those don't go into DP 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In HK, my school was one of the few private international schools, so there's always more demand than supply. Last year there were about 5000 people (I think?) trying to get in, and there was only about 120 places. Not to mention the hefty deposits that the parents have to pay to even be "considered". Good thing I came in when I was around 7/8 when there was way more supply than demand :) Would have loved to do A-levels instead of IB tho, but my school doesn't really give us a choice :(

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My school generally has a lot more applicants than other schools with IB in the region (a lot of them are catholic and not everyone is religious so that makes sense) so we have almost 1000 people applying each year for about 116 spots. I think the application process has changed since I applied but all I had to do was submit my marks, teacher references, and write the entrance exam which included English, math, and French