Physics HL Paper 2 TZ2

AvifromtheOC

So, all you folks, how went it?

I thought it was a perfectly average paper with a lot of conventional questions though there were some tricky and slightly difficult parts. I did mess up a bit in the Section B orbitals question. Apart from that, considering the fact that Physics HL has the lowest grade boundaries among all IB subjects, 7 in Physics here I come.

So, all you folks, how went it?

I thought it was a perfectly average paper with a lot of conventional questions though there were some tricky and slightly difficult parts. I did mess up a bit in the Section B orbitals question. Apart from that, considering the fact that Physics HL has the lowest grade boundaries among all IB subjects, 7 in Physics here I come.

I also thought it was a pretty good paper. Section A went great, so I think I'll almost get full marks there. Section B was not so great, and especially since I found out that I should have picked another question. I didn't have time to finish section B, but I think I should get half of it right at least.

For me Section B went much better than Senction A (I did Q 1 and 3). I got lost in the first task in section A and I lost a ot of time there. Then I rushed through whole section A to make up for the time I lost, and eventually section B was what I needed. I particularly enjoyed the question about orbita motion and the power and efficiency one.

In general, this paper seemed average, but turned out to be rather tricky, for me. I feel that paper 1 went much better.

Edited by Slovakov

I thought P1 was harder than P2. For P1, I had to practically guess some MCQ questions because I totally did not know how to approach it. For P2, Section A was fine, I'm sure I'm okay, but Section B was bad. I chose B2 and B3 because I couldn't do the other two at all, and in B2 itself I screwed up the power production and volume expansion questions. What's more, the topics that appeared in the exam were the ones that I paid less attention to. P3 also screwed me over. They totally changed the pattern. I noticed that in the past year papers, they always asked the same type of questions, but they changed everything this year. I'm really stressed. I want a 7 in Physics HL so bad, but I probably will only get a 6 (my IAs were good), or 5, if I'm unlucky.

I'm not sure whether it's worthy to start a new thread, so I'll ask here: and how about Paper 3? How did it go for you?

I did Option F and G (communication and em waves). Generally it wasn't that hard, but it could have been better. Option G was fine, I managed to do almost everything (got a bit messed up with X-rays, but hopefully everything will be alright).

In the Communications part I had to leave nearly whole question about op-apms. I totally don't get it and I'm sure I've lost 6 points on the beginning there :(.

Edit: If the moderating team thinks that there actually should be a separate thread about P3, please, extract my post ;)

Edited by Slovakov

I'm not sure whether it's worthy to start a new thread, so I'll ask here: and how about Paper 3? How did it go for you?

I did Option F and G (communication and em waves). Generally it wasn't that hard, but it could have been better. Option G was fine, I managed to do almost everything (got a bit messed up with X-rays, but hopefully everything will be alright).

In the Communications part I had to leave nearly whole question about op-apms. I totally don't get it and I'm sure I've lost 6 points on the beginning there :(.

Edit: If the moderating team thinks that there actually should be a separate thread about P3, please, extract my post ;)

I did option E and option G, astro and EM waves. EM waves killed me. I thought they would tell us to draw a telescope and then ask us crap about wedge films or thin film interference (observed pattern from doing past year papers). NONE of those came out. And I did not study for X-Rays...