IB Geography TZ1 Paper 1

hellwo

So what did you guys think? I felt the test was pretty easy, no questions were too difficult. The funny thing is how long it took me to name 3 fossil fuels. What do you think the grade boundaries will be this year?

This paper was nothing like the specimen!

I actually did like it, even though I didn't really know what to write for some of the 5 marks questions (for example, the debt relief one.)

Which essay question did you guys do?

I personally picked question 6 I think. The one about fast growing population and Millennium Goals. I think my essay is okay so I'm expecting a 6 (or more, who knows hehe).

I found paper 2 a lot harder...

• Like 1

Did the essay on millenium goals, may have lost marks for grammar lol

What did you talk about?

I only focused on the "primary education", "eradicate hunger/poverty" and "environmental sustainability" goals. I also tried to include stuff about Neo-Malthusian views, like stuff about population growth outstripping the resources and stuff... I'm not sure whether it was relevant though.

Oh well! It's too late now :)

Let's focus on Chem and Bio...

• Like 1

What Options did you guys choose? :)

We studied Food/Health and Tourism, sport and leisure. The tourism option wasn't bad, but there was this weird question on TNCs and stuff in the Food option... I didn't really get it :P

Which one did you choose?

Chem HL and Bio HL the following week. At this point, I regret taking two sciences at HL :P

Haha me too... But I actually love Chem HL! But yeah there's too many (useless) things to remember in bio, like the whole plants chapter.

• Like 1

I panicked so much during both papers cause it turned out that my geo teach didnt know about the changes in the paper and syllabus for 2011 and only taught me the older stuff, i only found out when i started the exam :P

some stuff was similar but some stuff i didnt learn about and had to just use common sense. :S

i at least answered everything so i hope it goes alright

I panicked so much during both papers cause it turned out that my geo teach didnt know about the changes in the paper and syllabus for 2011 and only taught me the older stuff, i only found out when i started the exam :P

some stuff was similar but some stuff i didnt learn about and had to just use common sense. :S

i at least answered everything so i hope it goes alright

Oh man really?!?! That's terrible!! I'm sure it will be okay in the end, just do really good on Chem/bio/physics coming up :)

i thought paper 1 was hard, but paper 2 was okay and paper 3 was weird. did anyone take geo HL? what did you think of paper 3? I chose question 3 on "homogenisation of cultures"...

Paper 3 was the hardest one in Geo. I wrote about the core and periphery, which was number 1 I think. I really did underestimate it thinking that globalization essay will he really easy. Still think I did good though. Actually I don't even know because it may turn out that my ideas may be all wrong!!!

Did anyone else write about the importance of the relationship between core and periphery? What did you write about?

Oh man I'm so worried. I'm predicted 7 but I only realised halfway through my Section B essay that I was going completely off topic. Somehow misread it so I thought it was asking for causes of soil degradation :((

I had 10 minutes left to bring it back to the topic but I'm worried about how many marks I lost :(

I did question 7....

That and I bet I lost the 1 mark questions in part A -.-" I always manage to lose them LOL.

On the other hand paper 2 went very well in fact. Hopefully that can pull me back up. :|

Worried I might get a 5 ish on paper 1.

I concentrated on goals of envionrmentsl sustainability, increasing the status of women and reducing poverty. it sounds like you had the right idea :)

Hehe I hope so! Did you include any sketch map/graph or any diagram in your answer? I drew a little map but I'm not sure I was supposed to... I really want to know my grade!!

• Like 1

I concentrated on goals of envionrmentsl sustainability, increasing the status of women and reducing poverty. it sounds like you had the right idea :)

Hehe I hope so! Did you include any sketch map/graph or any diagram in your answer? I drew a little map but I'm not sure I was supposed to... I really want to know my grade!!

No I didnt because I pretty much said what I wanted to say in writing. But I guess I could have used a diagram to emphasize the case studies I used. Oh well, whatever it's done :P gotta do Chem now, which is goin to be the death of me :S

Edited by IB1011