Math HL P2 TZ1

Slovakov

For that question of calculating the acute angle between the 2 lines. Cant you simply get 3 points make it a triangle. And calculate angle inbetween?

Yes, you can make a triangle but depends on what you do with it. I found the equation of the 2 tangents in the GDC from which I found the slope for the two. I used tan inverse to find the angles and then got the acute angle as 180 - the sum of the two angles that I found. I think it was correct though you can never be sure.

As for vectors, even I got m-=-2. So, I guess that's right then. WHAT A RELIEF!

Onto paper 3 now...

P2 was very, very easy this year. All the questions I was disappointed not to see on P1 - vectors, induction, some easy integrals and probability - appeared on P2. But for one sub-point, I totally nailed section B, and just one or two questions in section A didn't work out. I guess I can expect a score of about 100/120 if I didn't screw up the calculations where I knew how to solve the question.

7 in Math, here I come (provided paper 3 won't be a killer...)

So if i couldn't find the S point in the vector question and simply made it up I can still get full marks for the rest of the question?

You will get method marks but I doubt that you can get the full mark, you will probably lose a few because of wrong final answers.

I wasn't able to find S at first either and I panicked at first but then I started trying out all the possible combinations of vectors from the points I had until I got the cross product right. I wasted a good 10 min doing that though :S

I had the same problem, how the hell were we supposed to find the coordinates of S?? I left the entire question coz we had to use the coordinates of S for the following parts of the question :(

I used trail and error haha! I kept trying until I found the correct cross product (with 13 and the -7)