Abstract and introduction

timmotytimmoty

Typically you would write in the abstract at the end after you've finished everything, It's last thing you write even at uni level. Think of the abstract as the summary of what you've done and it's easiest to write about what you've done after you've done it.

Your conclusion will be the results support the hypothesis or they don't.. If they don't support the hypothesis then you can usually attribute this to methodological flaws :).

Ohh, one more thing, I'm wondering if we can copy down the sentences of the old experiment to our experiment without any referring, do we get plagiarism for doing that? Because I found the sentences written in the Loftus experiment is nicer.

And also, Do I have to follow the rule of having 1000-1500 words? Because it seems sooooo impossible, It's going to excess after introduction and method.... :/

Edited by timmotytimmoty

Ohh, one more thing, I'm wondering if we can copy down the sentences of the old experiment to our experiment without any referring, do we get plagiarism for doing that? Because I found the sentences written in the Loftus experiment is nicer.

And also, Do I have to follow the rule of having 1000-1500 words? Because it seems sooooo impossible, It's going to excess after introduction and method.... :/

You will definitely be caught for plagiarism if you copy sentences word for word from original experiments. It doesn't matter if Loftus says it 'nicer' it's most important that you are very clear when you write.

Yes you have to write between 1000-1500 words, trust me it's easier than you think. Take a look at some IAs that were already written to get an idea of how much you should write for each section. You can find some on IB Survival if you are VIP otherwise you can go to my blog.

You shouldn't be caught for plagiarism if you copy consent forms. There are fairly standard ways of writing them so I wouldn't worry about it. I can tell you at university level we all use the same exact template with the same exact wording. Hopefully that puts you at ease.

• 2 weeks later...

hey it comes under the same topic: how long should the introduction be about

also is this a good research hypothesis and Null hypothesis

Research Hypothesis

That using the mnemonic the Method of Loci will be a greater method for short term ordering recall than employing only a very simple mnemonic device: elaborative rehearsal.

Null Hypothesis

That their will be no difference in ordering recall, regardless of the use of a mnemonic.