Rebecca Black's Friday

dessskris

i know right? and she became really really famous, though for a bad thing.

what do you think about the song though? I think the song is not that ****ty.

our econs teacher showed us the two videos above this afternoon, and also the Malay version. he asked us to compare the two videos above: the same lousy song, exactly the same lyrics, but presented differently and the results turn out differently (the official version is sooo bad and the epic version is quite good).

the philosophy behind it he said is although we have a lousy teacher, lousy textbooks and lousy notes (sarcasm by the way, those are all very excellent) the result depends on us. if we work hard and use the resources wisely, we will get good grades (nice result like the epic version). but if we just don't care and never put in any effort, the result will not turn out satisfying (like the official version).

anyway the parodies are funny. anybody interested in creating the Spanish or French version or whatever? if I happen to create an Indo version I'll put it up on YouTube... lol XD

Edited by Summer Glau
no text speak =)

Hehe, Rebecca Black's finally making her way around the world eh?

First off, the lyrics to that song are honestly some of the worst I've ever heard. When I first watched the video, I honestly could not believe that someone would write that, then try to pass it off as anything but a mediocre farce. But because they didn't go that route, it instead blew up to be one of the funnier music videos/songs that I've heard in a while.

To Black's credit, she didn't write the darn thing (even if it sounds a lot like she did.) Supposedly, she says, both she and her mom were skeptical at the lyrics of the song when they first read it, but then proceeded with the production after being reassured by the studio. She still should have exercised better judgment - and certainly her evidently stage mother should have - , but if a 13-year-old can tell exactly how ****ty those lyrics are, you have to be an absolute moron to still proceed with the thing.

Personally, I kind of believe whoever created "Rebecca Black" is a marketing genius. Although the song is hated, her family paid that producer to make her a hit - and he pulled through. While it may be an incredibly annoying song, it pulled in hundreds of millions of views on youtube and who knows how many paid downloads. In addition, it landed TV time, radio air time and countless TV interviews. So I mean while we all hate the song I personally think its fun fun fun...just kidding. Uhm it really was a genius move by that producer and well worth the $2000 so dollars "Rebecca Black" and her family spent to make her a celebrity - albeit a hated celebrity.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Although the song is terrible, I was looking up about her (like a good IB student :P ), and i came across an interview with her. She seemed like a down-to-earth girl, even if her mom decided to pay $2,000 to make that video. Something that really got stuck in my brain was the fact that she didn't write the song. I repeat: SHE DIDN'T WRITE THE SONG. She knew that the lyrics were stupid (and they are), but the company gave her a choice between that song, and one about love. She then said that because she hadn't experienced love yet that she didn't want to sing about it as if she had. I thought that this was a very mature decision (and not at all LG-like, like I had expected), and it actually made me gain respect for her. Do a bit of research before you judge, because you never know how the person actually is just from the media and what others say. Just thought that I should put my two cents in the pot :P

Edited by Kaylie
  • Like 2