The Political Compass

Chronofox

Contrary to popular thought, there is more than just the "left" or "right" wing when it comes to the political spectrum. A more accurate assessment of an individual's placement in these matters can be determined via a political compass. The Authoritarian top reflects upon a preference of power to the state rather than the individual, while the libertarian bottom supports the opposite. The left and right wing spectrum reflects upon opinions on how the economy should be run (e.g. capitalism or communism).

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

So where are you on the political compass?

Economic Left/Right: -7.00

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.67

Graph

Ta-da? I feel very negative. Generally I'd say my economic views are perhaps less extreme than that... I think that money should be made to work for people (and all people, not just a select few) but equally I think that it ought to maintain some aspects of being a meritocracy. State as a safety net but not a crutch etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Economic Left/Right: 0.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.28

Much more towards the center than a year ago. I find the graph is more accurate than the single axis, but doesn't reflect each situation's needs.