de Moivre's Theorem

DDuino

hi guys...i am trying to solve something...the teacher has given us to solve by using the moivre's theorem the equation z^3=1

do you know if i can solve simply by simplifying z^3-1=....the normal way to solve with 2 brackets and then finding 3 solution...

morover...does anybody know a unit cercle with centre origin?

thx

but is factorizing related to the Moivre's theorem?when i factorize and get that equals 0...i get 3 answers which i think are the right one...

apart from this...you might now...then the task is extended to solve Z^n= i...same by using Moivre's theorem...any ideas?tips..?

As it is powered to 3 there are 3 solutions.

z^3=1

z^3 = cis(0+k2π) ( I hope you know complex numbers... cis(x) = cos(x) + isin(x) ) k is just a whole number

[Deleted]

Edited by Keel
Answer to Internal Assessment
  • Like 1

If this is for an IA, please stop it. You are cheating Domen and asking for direct answers, do you want to get banned or something? Or the question should be, do you want to get disqualified?? Please stop it, go do your own work, these people solved the whole thing for you.

EDIT: Answers removed by moderator.

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Topic giving answers to IAs.

If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

IB Survival Staff