SAT exams preparation in end of IB1?

timmotytimmoty

Yeah, you can do your test in IB2, i am doing this. it is not good, but i thought that it will give me a time to study in summer vacation and i will have two or three times to do it before US universities application. Yeah it is late but not impossible.

Hope you luck :D

it depends in which school you want to enter, for some US universities you need some SAT 2 tests, for example you may need SAT2 bio and chem. if english is not your first language then you may need TOEFL. But it all depends on the school that you want to go to, some universities in some countries will not even need SAT.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Red XII

Learning the vocabulary for the SAT is an utter waste of time.

Ultimately, there are only a few vocabulary questions on the test. Each of these tests only a few words.

If you're going to prepare for these questions, you're much better off learning word construction. If you know prefixes, suffixes, and common roots, you can put them together. Thus, by learning how to build words, you learn more words with an equivalent amount of memorization. Further, word construction is more useful when it comes to guessing. If you don't know the word, but you've memorized a stack of other words, that's not much help in figuring out the word you don't know. If you don't know the word, but you know the prefix and suffix (but not the root, otherwise you'd probably as good as know the word), you have a good chance of making a successful educated guess as to whether it's the answer.

Yes, you have plenty of time to prepare. No, you shouldn't memorize vocabulary.

Yeayeayea mine is this saturday :o

Im gutted. Ive got this ridiculous talent show to do tmr, which is friday, my math project is also due tmr... Not to mention my spanish oral, biology assessment statements, and this section on my english thing. CRRAAPPP.

At least im prepared for the SATS. + I've got rehearsal tonight for the show til 9. HA. Suck me. -.-