Online Study Tools?

Lumos

Hello everyone,

I'm taking IB Chemistry HL, and I have a really terrible teacher. She is way too slow, doesn't explain anything well, and gets corrected by us students on a daily basis. She's so slow that we still haven't finished topic 4, and our first year of IB ends in less than 2 months.

So, as you can guess, I'm really freaking out. I've been worried since the first month of school that we wouldn't be able to finish everything on time, but I never thought we'd still be on topic 4 by the end of the year!

I've been looking for online resources so I can teach myself this summer, but I haven't really found anything yet. If any of you have any websites, youtube channels, ANYTHING that can help me, please tell me about them! I wouldn't even mind paying for online lessons or something of that sort.

Thanks in advance!

IMO, if you really want to learn it yourself, get yourself a decent IB textbook. I personally have the Pearson Baccalaureate Chem HL and I think it's probably the best IB textbook out there. If you are considering something else stay away from Oxford if you are trying to get ahead by yourself because Oxford is truly a companion in that it is supposed to help with what you are currently learning and not teach you.

Online is cool and all, but you'd have to do a lot of work yourself. As far as I can find, there's not perfect/complete IB resource online. You can use the syllabus and research each topic but that's just too troublesome. Even the one timtamboy63 showed, I saw that guys' videos before, he was pretty terrible.

Just got buy a text book and read it. that's pretty much what you'll do in University.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...