Prohibition in USA

dufka

Peopleee please tell me what do you think about that topic:

Did the 18th Amendment to the US Constitution accomplish its goal of prohibiting the sale, manufacture and transportation of alcohol?

or maybe:

Was the period called Prohibition successful at all in the USA??

I have to do my IA as fast as possible !! There are no sources on topics such as crime, mafia, chemists and so on.

I want to assess whether 18th amendment carried out its role.. because then it was repealed so it mustnt be entirealy successul as it was repelaed by 21st amendment and it was the first repealemnt to the constitution ever !!

please help me

i have to do my ia on prohibition because i know something about it and it doesnt interfere with syllabys please...

Well the only source on this I can think of is The Great Gatsby, how Fitzgerald conveyed the bootlegging lifestyle in it. So basically you need to focus on the bootlegging industry which flourished because of the 18th amendment. I'm sure there are LOADs of resources on it. Can you access any online Journals or books?

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=18th+amendment&oq=18th+ame

here are a few on google books you may be able to access parts of. I suggest you use more specific key words... Remember one resource is what will lead you to another. Good luck :)

SO what do you think about this one:

To what extent did the implementation of 18th amendment to the US Constitution support the development of the bootlegging industry?

good one??

but what about sources?

can passage from newspaper or interent article be a primary source?

I have come up with another topic !!

give some feedback !

To what extent did the consumption of illegal bootlegged liquors deteriorate the health of Americans?

You won't find much for "health of Americans" due to moonshine. Thats a very small part of the downfall of prohibition. The main aspect was crime. I suggest:

To what extent did the The 18th Amendment and Volstead Act change American lifestyle and crime?

or

To what extent did Prohibition in the United States prove successful in in its aims?

or

Was the 21st Amendment warranted in repealing the 18th?

or

How did Prohibition come to an end, and could it have been avoided?

or

Was Prohibition 'doomed to fail' or did it have prospects of eventual success?

Hope I was of some help =D

Edited by dubyawhy

Thank you very much!!! I love you!!! But the thing is, I have already found some newspaper article from 1924 and it says about bootlegging.

so what do you think about this topic: How and with what effects did the implementation of 18th amendment contribute to the development of bootlegging industry?