IA Thesis/Conclusion Construction

rhaldud

Hi,

For my IA, I decided to do the topic of "propaganda during the Cultural Revolution". I was thinking of this for my question: "To what extent did propaganda play during the Cultural Revolution?" However, I found this to be quite weak. What would be a better question to have so I can have a clear conclusion in the end? I don't think there's no way to measure the "extent" per se, because the "extent" cannot be clearly measured because there is nothing to be compared to. If you think that my whole IA topic sounds unpromising, please give me advice on what to change it to. Since I already took down notes on the Cultural Revolution, anything related to it would be fine.

Thank you so much! :D

"To what extent did propaganda play during the Cultural Revolution?" could be "To what extent was the role of propaganda during the Cultural Revolution significant?"

I was thinking about, 'How was the role of propaganda significant during the Cultural Revolution', but it's just too easy. 'To what extent....' is definitely a good opener for a question, but I'm just pondering how the title could be....

Maybe you agree with my first suggestion....but just give me a while.........

A great topic is: to what extent was the propaganda of the cultural revolution successful? My friend broadened that topic for her EE in a ways...

Thanks for your help! ^^ I'll think I'll do that one. However, do you have any more suggestions?

Well, you need to start by looking at what the propaganda consisted of- was it media, political speeches, the theater, etc.?

Then you should probably research which people and how many people had access to those forms of propaganda (for instance, not everyone went to the theater).

There is more stuff you can analyze after that, but you need to figure that out on your own.

Another suggestion, since you have a 2000 word limit, if you cannot do all of the propaganda, chose one! For instance theater (as in plays, dramas and stuff), or something of your choice ( probably the form of propaganda you can find the most info on).

• Like 1