Arabic-syllabus?

Arabic Ab, I think practicing talking Arabic with others will help since it's nothing literary.

If you want, tell me what you want to know and I'll translate it for you in English. I can help you with any other Arabic thing you need. :)

thannks! but the thing is that i actually speak arabic...i just can't write...so im pretty much screwed.... do you do arabic hl or sl?

XD and :blum:

I did Arabic A1 SL.

Well if you can speak...you can try writing what you say. Do you speak the classic arabic or a certain dialect?

libyan...

:P

so not classic and very very off!!!!!

the problem is that my spelling is sooo bad. are you a classic arabic speaker?

You should not speak classic arabic, but you should know how to speak. The best solution is reading, read in arabic and your language will improve. Even people who are living in arab countries has some defects in their classic arabic language, so it is not your problem only. Read and practice. arabic is not an easy language, but by practice you can easily speak it.

I am a classic arabic speaker and a tunisian speak..so yeah I know what you mean when you say 'Libya'..haha.

Well you could get some of those arabic-teaching books that teach you how to spell words properly.

Once you learn how to talk classic arabic the rest will be easy.

You can write in arabic..so you know the letters and all which is good. You just have the spelling to improve. How about reading?

I am a classic arabic speaker and a tunisian speak..so yeah I know what you mean when you say 'Libya'..haha.

Well you could get some of those arabic-teaching books that teach you how to spell words properly.

You can write in arabic..so you know the letters and all which is good. You just have the spelling to improve. How about reading?

reading is actually improving...which is good, the thing with writing is that i know what the word is, i know what i want to say, but my paragraphs are littered with spelling errors, how good does the spelling have to be for a 6/7?

reading is actually improving...which is good, the thing with writing is that i know what the word is, i know what i want to say, but my paragraphs are littered with spelling errors, how good does the spelling have to be for a 6/7?

You should know that reading will improve your writing. You will be able to write the work, by reading it more than one time.

Edited by inm

• 3 months later...

seriously why on earth do you even take arabic when you are almost fluent in it. It's not supposed to be your native language, it just makes it extremely unfair for the people who are honest and who don't speak arabic when they do the course as people like you will higher the boundaries.

Really, thanks....

• Like 1

seriously why on earth do you even take arabic when you are almost fluent in it. It's not supposed to be your native language, it just makes it extremely unfair for the people who are honest and who don't speak arabic when they do the course as people like you will higher the boundaries.

Really, thanks....

I can't agree more. The boundaries will be higher and people like me (who don't know arabic) will have to sit extremely hard ab initio exams! Really inconsiderate.

I'm currently studying Ab Initio Arabic. My teacher, who is near-fluent in MSA and Egyptian coll., advised me that the thing to focus on was mass vocabulary. The final tests for AB students are much easier in terms of grammar than for SL and HL, so the main priority for us is to be able to read passages and translate them--and that requires a heck of a lot of vocab. You can get written work of who-knows-what, so mass memorization is the best aim. Also, spelling is horrible for years, and its really just something you have to learn word for word; another reason to study vocab!

Does anyone know exactly what it is we need to know for arabic AB ? My teachers ony have the syllabus in arabic...which is great considering the fact that no one in the class can read it well. we dont even know what it is we are doing...also, any tips for arabic ab?

The best way to study for Arabic is to just constantly read and write, that's basically all you can do anyway.

The more you read, the less mistakes you'll make once you begin writing. Oh, i also suggest that you begin practicing writing essays, the more you write the better you will become and if you're lucky you just might get an essay question that's similar to former essays that you've written.