IB Film HL/SL?

Mike

• 1 month later...
Guest Fuzzerker

I am in this class at my school, it is two year.

you basically take the first year, and then the second year is when you have to decide to do Hl/Sl

Hl- you have to make a 7 minute long short film and a 1 minute long trailer, as well as a script for a documentary (not sure on length

SL- 5 minute film, no trailer still have to make a documentary script, but its shorter than the Hl one

Our teacher this year told us that starting with the people who take film 1 next year, they are going to change the way the grading scale works and the way the class is set up, but my list above is how they grade it for now

This is an amazing class if you have the right teacher. I love it, in fact I am hoping to go to college to get my film degree

• 3 months later...

IB Film is amazing but i agree, only if you have the right teacher.

all the kids enrolled in IB film take the class HL

because for standard you still have to take the class for two years.

we make 3-4 films in film 2 and from that decide which to send into IB

along with that a one minute trailer is required from each group member

as well as a production portfolio which is basically documenting your experience, problems faced...etc. during the making of the film

and an Independent Study which is a analysis of foreign films under one topic...basically a long paper that in my opinion is like doing an EE.

if you have the opportunity to take such a class take it.

you will learn a lot (hopefully) and it's a fun IB course to take

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey our school has it. In it you would watch tons of movies, analyze them, write essays. In the second year you would have a project of making a 30min movie according to the genre the teacher assigns you to do. Its pretty fun, but it gets boring at sometimes. If u really love film then go for it.