What is your type of boy/girl?

dessskris

Title says it all.

My type of boy:

1. Tall. At least he should be taller than me (161 cm).

2. Smart. Or at least rational enough. I don't like those idiots who ask stupid questions to teachers and never do homework. Oh, dear.

3. Does not smoke. Smoking = trying to kill me. Even my dad is a smoker and I always go away when he smokes at home.

4. Preferably somebody wearing glasses. He will look smart with glasses :). Or at least it suggests that he reads a lot. Or plays too much game? :D

5. Funny. Somebody who can at least laugh. I'd prefer somebody who can make me laugh, though. :)

6. Loves music. It would be great if he can play a guitar. Or piano. Or at least he listens to some sort of music.

7. Is not much older than me. 5 years older is the maximum. And not younger than me, please.

8. At least speaks English. Would be better if he can speak both English and Indo, though. :S

9. Honest. I hate when people lie because I'd usually trust them. :D And the truth never gets revealed!!

10. No-sex-before-marriage type. This might sound weird for some of you but this is what my parents told me. And so I'd never have sex before marriage.

What about yours? :)

• Like 1

My type of girl

- preferably taller than me (i'm 182) but not that tall so i don't feel like i'm being protected by her, because it should be me protecting her

- i don't have oedipus complex and would never marry my mother but i would really like my ideal girlfriend (or wife) to be my second mother sort of thing :D

- Non-Smoker as well, i'm an Ex-Smoker so that makes me really hate cigarettes and everything connected to it

- Yeah, i play piano and guitar and drums (and i try to sing sometimes) so all i want is that she would listen to it sometimes so she would melt :S

- Same age or older, can be slightly younger

- Should not be playing any sort of "Games" with me from the very beginning

- Should not act like she was "out of her way" when in front of her friends. Slight change in behaviour is understandable because some girls want to look so great when their boyfriend is in the presence of her friends (maybe not?)

- Honest, of course (Sarcasm accepted, teasing accepted too :) )

- Sex? well, in my opinion, i would at least wait for a special night :D no need to rush things

Well, all in all, this would be a description of ideal Girlfriend (If i was to describe physical traits it would be a long loong list)

Although the girl i'm in love with is nothing like that, don't try to find any logic in love, i guess it's all about some chemical reactions within our bodies, and i was never good at chemistry so, yeah :)

Ideal type of man

- Intelligent and a creative thinker, so that we could have interesting discussions

- Genuinely interested in exercise, preferably sportier than me

- Comfortable with himself and his sense of humor

- Not trying to control me

- Non-religious

- Around my age

- Taller than me (172cm)

- Dark haired or asian

- HONEST and reliable ofc

- Creative, or at least into some form of art.

- Healthy = no overeating, no non-eating, exercises regularly, etc.

- Loves Harry Potter, this is a tie breaker. No HP love means no love for you

- Speaks another language, so we can communicate in that.

- Has the same lust to travel, or at least not stay in the USA all their life.

- Good taste in music. I can't deal with constant American pop. Sorry Miley Cyrus.

Meh, I'll just go off of the list of 10 we are already using I guess.

1. Umm I can't say much on height, I'm 6'3" (umm 12*6+3=75in*2.54=190.5cm), so I guess the taller she is the better? Doubt many girls will ever be taller or even close to my height from what I've seen...

2. Smart enough to do IB or at least able to figure it out instead of just give up. Intelligence makes the world go round.

3. No smoking, just don't like it.

4. A girl who understands my humor, because it's rather sarcastic or hidden under several layers of meanings and takes a while to get too

5. She needs to like music, everyone should like music anyway, and even better if she likes my music :S

6. Age range hmmm +/-3 years seems good.

7. Must speak english, or french that I can comprehend :)

8. Honesty in all relationships...

10. Sex, I wouldn't pick a girlfriend primarily based off this so it's irrelevant...

11. Blonde straight hair, just go with it :D

Currently have someone in mind, still trying to get myself to ask her out :D

my ideal type of woman:

1)real/honest for sure! fake girls are the worse...

2) tall..since im tall myself (6'1) and im only 15

3)all my girlfriends have been older than me...i just tend to like older/wiser women more thas alll

4)lets me take care of her

5)doesnt smoke or do drugs

6)i dont mind the hair..blonde or brown is fine

7) preferrably caucasian/european (not trying to be racist!)

8)a girl thats not afraid to laugh and just let go

9)a girl that has good taste in clothes (yes this is important to guys) but does not care TOO much about the way she looks

10)I i beleive there are different times for sexy depending on the person..i preffer it after marriage though

There is no "type".

After you define something as what you think it is, you limit yourself to only what you have defined.

Teenage love is insignificant, and let's just admit it, most of the time love is simply an illusion.

Oscar Wilde said that:

"Men marry because they are tired, women because they are curious; both are disappointed."

Apply this statement to dating and it proves itself all the more to be true.

Edited by Calypso

There is no "type".

After you define something as what you think it is, you limit yourself to only what you have defined.

Teenage love is insignificant, and let's just admit it, most of the time love is simply an illusion.

Oscar Wilde said that:

"Men marry because they are tired, women because they are curious; both are disappointed."

I used to be totally in agreement with you about teenage love. But I dunno, I think it's possible. It's not an illusion, I think that's just your excuse because you (and no one) is capable of defining it. When you're in love or at least strongly passionate for someone, there's a distinctly different feeling that you get. It's definitely not an illusion.

Be more optimistic and positive =)

There is no "type".

Oscar Wilde said that:

I used to be totally in agreement with you about teenage love. But I dunno, I think it's possible. It's not an illusion, I think that's just your excuse because you (and no one) is capable of defining it. When you're in love or at least strongly passionate for someone, there's a distinctly different feeling that you get. It's definitely not an illusion.

I agree. When you say teenage love is just a mere illusion you're just hidding yourself behind words, without facing reality. It is true that nowadays there are a lot of teenagers that start saying "I love you" like if they paid them for saying it, but that is just a fraction of the whole thing.

I talk from experience. I'm 17, I'll be 18 in 3 months, and I just split up with my girlfriend after being with her 10 months. And I assure you that lots of questions emerge to my mind. The first is if that has been real, and of course it has! It may not have lasted 20 years, but it has been real. For me it has involved pain, and you don't grieve if you don't love someone.

To conclude I think that, by far, there are a lot of teenagers that just random play and call it love, but there also exists love between other couples. I must say that love is also a thing that grows in time... You cannot love someone the moment you meet her. That is unreal. You might fancy her, but not love. :D

There is no "type".

Oscar Wilde said that:

I agree. When you say teenage love is just a mere illusion you're just hidding yourself behind words, without facing reality. It is true that nowadays there are a lot of teenagers that start saying "I love you" like if they paid them for saying it, but that is just a fraction of the whole thing.

I talk from experience. I'm 17, I'll be 18 in 3 months, and I just split up with my girlfriend after being with her 10 months. And I assure you that lots of questions emerge to my mind. The first is if that has been real, and of course it has! It may not have lasted 20 years, but it has been real. For me it has involved pain, and you don't grieve if you don't love someone.

To conclude I think that, by far, there are a lot of teenagers that just random play and call it love, but there also exists love between other couples. I must say that love is also a thing that grows in time... You cannot love someone the moment you meet her. That is unreal. You might fancy her, but not love. :D

Of course I believe in love, but "a strong passion" for someone is not necessarily love, is it not?

Would you describe the love for your mother a "strong passion"? I believe that perhaps love is higher than just a "strong passion", and I sure hope it is.

Love in itself, I agree, is definitely not an illusion.

What I am saying is an illusion is the way people think that they love another, when really they are confusing love with feelings of admiration, infatuation, or appreciation of beauty.

I agree with the statement that there sometimes exists love between teenage couples, but those are rare finds. I envy them at first, but then I realize that the likelihood of them staying together for longer than university etc. is slim.

When a person matures his/her thoughts and views change. His goals and direction in life change. We are not going to be exactly the same way we are 10 years down the road because our minds are not fully developed yet. So I don't see the point of starting a new relationship in high school, if you know it's not going to last anyway. You're just trying to kid yourself into an illusion of love that is long-lasting when you don't even have the ability to sustain it yet, because most teenagers don't even know the meaning of responsibility and commitment.

And lastly I completely and fully agree with the statement of love being something that grows in time.

But sometimes I tend to wonder, is "love" simply just nothing more than a habit ?

Edited by Calypso

Marsa. I'm your perfect boy. Too bad im gay ahahaha.

My type of boy:

1. I prefer tall guys, but not super freakishly huge that I look like a child next to him

2. If he is motivated and just slightly smart I'm ok with that. I hate unmotivated people with no plan for their lives

3. No smoking no alcohol. The occasional glass of wine/beer for health reasons sure.

4. I wear glasses. So I'd be a hypocrite.

5.If he can't laugh I'm not dating him. That's too trife. Laughter makes the world go round

6. I;m not particular about music tastes. considering what mine is like.

7. Age isn't a factor for me right now.

8.Oh my gosh if you're a fob I'll kill you.

9. Someone who is willing to communicate.

10.I'm going to change this isnt no sex before committed relationship

• 2 weeks later...

My type of boyyy..

0. The type that loves me no matter what,

1. VERY IMPORTANT: Smart: I'll not be dating a dumbass, nor doing homework for him. HE should be the one explaining to me :) Hint: Glasses make you look smart at least.

2. Mature: I'll not be his nanny, nor teach him how to kiss, thats your job, dude. But this has a trick: He has to be mature enough to handle a serious relationship with me, but childish enough to know when to play, when to do those corny things like I love you, nooo I love you more, Nooo I love YOU more, Nooo :P:o. With matures comes honest ,tolerant, open minded, risk taker...etc,etc (start naming all the ones in the IB profile whaever thingy)

3. Sweet: Oh he has to be sweeter than 3 tons of sugar alltogether. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

4. Dedicated to some hobbie or something: I don't like lazyasses. He must have a hobbie or something interesting to show me :)

5. Has to surprise me everyday: I love surprises, and if he is curious and interesting, all better

Those are the five more important, the rest come with inercia and gravity...

-Taller than me, please

-HYGENE IS VERY IMPORTANT

-Men's perfume gets me crazy

-Chocolates for me, please

-Kiss me all over the place, I don't mind, darling

-Age doesn't matter, but yeah older than me (Don't worry Fede, you are 5 years older and that's okay)

-Music taste doens't matter, but at least one band in common :)

Mm that;s all I guess :)

[btw, I've found him and he's found me. His name is Federico and mine is Andrea. ♥♥♥♥♥]

Edited by photonsforyou
  • Like 1

My Type of Guy

Personality

Intelligent

Needs to be sporty or we are not going to get along since my life is full of sport

Outgoing

Optimistic

Should really be into music in depth - I cannot tolerate people who don't understand music in the long run, because it's nice to have someone understand when I say "Oh That's a really naughty 13th!" or someone who can sing along to me being able to hear and then play most things and improvise Or play duets.

Physical

Shorter than me (6' 3" or less)

Nice face, eyes and Longer hair

No facial hair, stubble is ok.

Slim

Round arse ;p

Basically, perfect body is nice and a cute face.

My boyfriend right now ticks all of these boxes haha. We are going to Uni together, I have written a list of good wedding music to be honest hahah,

Sorry for the rubbish grammar, but I'm tired.

• 2 weeks later...

My type of man?

1. Dimples - i go totally weak kneed for a guy with dimples.

2. Taller than me- not hard im only 5 foot 3 inches.

3. Smart but not a conceited kind of smart

4. Sweet and kind

5. Romantic- not cheesy generic romantic though

6. Must love to read

7. Must love my crazy friends

8. Must tolerate my family- doesnt have to love them because who always loves their family?

9. Doesnt drink or smoke- thats just gross

10. *Has to love me for me*

I used to have a list, but since I've seen the world with more mature eyes I have basically cut it down, because you can't demand for a knight in shining armour. You have to feel it in order to know that he's the knight you've been waiting for :lc:

1. Looks cute (I am not going to define this further) and taller than me.

2. Creative, musically or artistically. I don't mind either.

3. Can and definitely will put up with my insanity too.

THATS ALL FOLKS!