Individual Studies

ezex

I've been hearing around the forums mention individual studies...I kind of get what it is by the name, but what is it exactly? I've been fighting since 9th grade to get the last 2 weeks before the AP exams to get them completely free like they used to do in a school near me. But it's not even an issue in my school, they think i'm crazy when i mention it, like asking to let us order chinese food from the place 2 blocks from our school that is conveniently on the back of the school and me and my friends go there pretty much every day! I mean crazy right!?

Well on a more serious note i'd really like to know what individual studies is because I keep reading you guys sayin that the class ends in 2 weeks or 1 week and then it's individual studies? That would be AWSOME if only they let us do it. And if there is the most remotedly chance of this being as it is in most IB schools, I'm going down the first day of school and rasiing hell in the administration!!!...again!!! :crying:

Thanks for reading :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

By the name I'm guessing that they those weeks either have no lessons,

and that they may study wherever they wish,

or that they revise with the supervision of their teacher in their classroom.

Individual, since they study individually...

I love guesswork. Did i nail anything? :innocent:

Edited by ozZiiiii

We call that Swotvac everywhere in Australia except NSW. Yeah at my school we got about 5 days which was nice.

In NSW we call it stuvac (study vacation) :P

A lot of IB school I know give students at least a week (to a month) before the exams to study because technically by then you should have finished the syllabus already and would just be doing revision. My school gives a week before exams start for people to study and then you'd only come in for your exams. Basically in that study week we'd study for exams however we like, teachers would still be available at school if we want to come in to ask about stuff but attendance is not compulsory.

In NSW we call it stuvac (study vacation) :)

A lot of IB school I know give students at least a week (to a month) before the exams to study because technically by then you should have finished the syllabus already and would just be doing revision. My school gives a week before exams start for people to study and then you'd only come in for your exams. Basically in that study week we'd study for exams however we like, teachers would still be available at school if we want to come in to ask about stuff but attendance is not compulsory.

Ya, this is exactly was i was trying to find out, because I've seen other schools do that for AP tests, so I wanted to get concrete evidence so that I can suggest it in our school.

Thanks everybody for the input :P Now i gotta know how to say stuvac out loud...