Procrastination !

Guest janet

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyday when I get home, I tell myself that I will start my homework right away but no... that almost never happens (unless I have like 3 bagillion things due the next day). I usually go straight for the computer and facebook,ibsurvival.com :P thestudentroom.com and then after 30mins-2 hours of surfing, reality hits.

:)

Hey Guys ,

:punish: I was wondering if I'm the only one who is constantly suffering from procrastination .

I realise this is the BIggest problem of mine !!!

I know exactly what I should do but then my mind just can't stay focus .

I know I should finish this and that , yet I never have the motivation nor energy or power to get started .

I feel guilty day by day , especially during holidays !!!!!

It seems I have lose all of my power during holidays .

I stay up late and wake up late .

So, I'm now really desperate to get things done .

I think I am a loser !

Help : (

XD

anyone can help me out ???

or share with us if you have the same problem of mine ... :punish:

i don't actually have that problem...i get 8 hours of sleep each day...it actually only takes me 4 hours to finish all my hw

i use the checkbox system...like put down my work to do in priority...

but if you have something like math IA...don't put it like that...split it into like..three parts and spend an hour on it each day...adjust the time based on the workload

for example...

right now i have

chem acids and bases

bio labs

bio EE

geo case study

math hw

TOK essay

so what i would do is...(btw, other than TOK and bio...our school goes by day 1 day 2 system...meaning, day 1 i have english, day 2 i have mandarin, geo, chem and math...thus alternates...so i don't ever have the same class one after another)

so one day for me would be like

- EE (one part....i split my EE into five parts...1 part per week...max 2 hours per day)

- geo case study (same thing, split it into 3 parts...one part for every two days..max 1 hour per day)

- TOK essay revision (30min max)

- chemistry

- Optional: math

it may look like a lot...but once you start doing it...it's not so bad...the reason i gave myself a time limit is because i know that i'm gonna get distracted, by facebook most of the time...so it's more ilke...1.5 hours of EE...30min relax with cmoputer...

i hope this helps some people

procrastination is a b**** especially if you're in IB2....wiht all the IAs stacking up...a lot of my friends pull all nighters to do their work...i watch tv, go on internet, play and have fun like them...but i manages my time so my priorities are straight...

Woohoo. Procastination! That is a problem of mine. Right now I'm -trying- to work on a english task that was due to today, hmpf. I don't know why I always skip doing the english tasks.. i really hate them and i don't see any use for doing them.

Now this is comparing two poems as a practise for "comparative commentary" but why the heck should ´we do this at home ? I will spend hours and hours and have help of internet and dictionaries when in reality it will be just me 2 texts and paper and pen!

Also I had my World Lit to do last week so I proiritized that. And my english teacher thinks I'm really lazy, but it is mostly in his subject. And he is my mentor which is quiet bad since he is the one that talks to my parents and such.

Anyway, now in IB2 I have decided to be more organized and stop doing things in the last minute. Hehe last week I did a biology lab-commentary thingie on the chemistry lesson just before the biology.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

*sigh

I've picked up a terrible case of procrastination over the years,

I used to be such a hard worker... and now I'm slacking off and my grades are slipping as I know.

the horror. haha...

well I'm just saying, don't fall into it!

Because once you do, it's going to be a really hard time to get out of it...

trust me, I'm trying.

I want to do well this year, thank you. :)

Yeah, have to say I'm a pretty big procrastinator, especially when I have facebook and the internet available in like 3 seconds whenever I want to.

Anyways, I try to get around it by forcing myself to do things, and staying at school till late. I'll often stay in the art room till 5 after school working on my projects, then I'll go straight to the math room where there will actually be other IB students sitting around doing math. By the time I get home and eat dinner at 7, I've gotten a good 4 hours of HW done already, since lunch block is pretty much a homework block as well. Really, the key for me has been starting to work and just not stopping, which leads to me feeling okay about spending time at home slacking off.

Only problem is the weekends :)

Every single saturday I try to get up at 10am and start doing hw. It has not worked once for me. I always end up screwing off for like 4-5 hours before I even get started. Today is another one of those days, I've only done about 20minutes of homework and I've been at it since 10:30!!!

I have reached the apex of dilatory. I really shouldn't be an IB diploma student. I am way to much of a slacker!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Guys ,

:) I was wondering if I'm the only one who is constantly suffering from procrastination .

I realise this is the BIggest problem of mine !!!

I know exactly what I should do but then my mind just can't stay focus .

I know I should finish this and that , yet I never have the motivation nor energy or power to get started .

I feel guilty day by day , especially during holidays !!!!!

It seems I have lose all of my power during holidays .

I stay up late and wake up late .

So, I'm now really desperate to get things done .

I think I am a loser !

Help : (

:worship:

anyone can help me out ???

or share with us if you have the same problem of mine ... :)

You kinda just described my life since IGCSE, then with IB.

(except for the looser thing, i don't consider myself a looser).

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or do all people procrastinate with homework and other important stuff.

I tend to start chatting with friends and being on facebook rather than do my homework.

I felt I had to start this in order to confirm (or the opposite) that I am not the only one. That would feel better, so please answer

Capa...

:)

Man, I'm a pro at procrastinating. I've done loads of research on my English IOP about three months before the actual presentation, and I've only written the speech up the night before (and that day's morning). With my maths portfolios, I tend to leave it till the last minute, often stay up the whole night doing it, still don't finish it, go to school and work like mad on it during recess, lunchtime and even class time.

It's amazing I still manage to get 6 or 7s in my IAs.

I even procrastinate on packing my stuff up to go home from boarding house :)