What gift to get my physics teacher?

saunders is god

Creep :(

Just kidding :) It's a nice gesture to get your teacher something. I would immediately suggest a decent bottle of wine/Champagne, but if you want something a little more Physics-related, I know the Physics teachers at our school had a strange passion for geeky t-shirts and ties.

<a href=http://www.zazzle.co.uk/retro_e_mc2_tie-151114160820228114>Click</a>

^^ That kind of thing. You might be able to get it cheaper... but if your class is big enough you could probably get a reasonably expensive thing if everybody forked out £2/equivalent each or something.

I think our Physics teacher had an "IB therefore I am" t-shirt :) I am not going to pretend I understand it, but the joy on his face whenever somebody commented on it was kinda nice.

• Like 2

Creep :(

Just kidding :) It's a nice gesture to get your teacher something. I would immediately suggest a decent bottle of wine/Champagne, but if you want something a little more Physics-related, I know the Physics teachers at our school had a strange passion for geeky t-shirts and ties.

<a href=http://www.zazzle.co.uk/retro_e_mc2_tie-151114160820228114>Click</a>

^^ That kind of thing. You might be able to get it cheaper... but if your class is big enough you could probably get a reasonably expensive thing if everybody forked out £2/equivalent each or something.

I think our Physics teacher had an "IB therefore I am" t-shirt :) I am not going to pretend I understand it, but the joy on his face whenever somebody commented on it was kinda nice.

Yeah my chem teacher has a t-shirt with the periodic table on it xP I guess some science teachers like those sorts of things? Maybe get a t-shirt with some sort of physics joke/saying on it and then everyone in your class could sign the back of the shirt. It all depends on his personality, though. Don't forget to consider that when choosing the perfect gift :)

a dildoooooo!

But really one has a lot to learn from after school specials. People really do appreciate things that have been thought out, for example if you physics teacher likes Japanese cars, then get him a cast model AE86, if he likes chocolates, get him a box of chocolates. Even something physics-related will make a more lasting impact than a bottle of wine, and for a comparable price (unless he is really into cheap wines).

• 3 weeks later...

I had this couple teaching me from grade 7 to grade 12, the wife chemistry and the husband Biology, they were by far the most favorite teachers we all had.

When they were leaving, we got the husband really cool small antique things from Central-Africa, and the wife a diamond ring, we knew she loved diamond rings so much. We payed $519 and someone in class payed for the rest since his dad sells those. She was just shocked..and her reaction was amazing.:D

I am sure you have known your teacher for quite a while, you would know the things that fascinated him. XD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Red XII

I'd definitely go with the Physics joke T-Shirt idea - lots of science teachers seem to like that kind of thing.

Of course, if your teacher wouldn't be caught dead wearing a nerdy T-shirt, you may want to reconsider.

Our school's physics club got a shirt that said "May the (Gm1m2)/r2 be with you" a few years ago.

• 1 month later...

http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/consumer%20products/fiesta.htm

If you can find an old one that was painted with the original red, it was made with U-235, radioactive plates!

And no, there's not enough to harm anything unless you have it ingested or next to you for a few years straight...

Edited by Drake

You know your teacher best so get something you know he likes or something refers to a inside joke.

For example, the YR12 IB gave our chem teacher a tie-dyed lab coat because she is an absolute hippy, our bio teacher a pandora charm with the words study on it because it is one thing she wont be quiet about, ever, and the lab ladies they got coffee cups in the shape of beakers and flasks. Can't remember what they gave the physics teacher though.

My point is, if you can, get them something personal, they will appreciate it a lot more.

• 10 years later...
On 9/10/2010 at 1:53 PM, saunders is god said:

Hey guys, my physics teacher is retiring at the end of this year and our class is really unsure of what kind of physics related gift to get him???

Please help!!!

I got my physics teacher a bar of chocolate and a card with some physics jokes xD

If you're feeling ambitious you could try making a simple LED circuit with oscillating lights or maybe a circuit that plays a little tune.

A mug with a physics joke would probably be easier though.

The best thing would probably be something personal and unique. For example I used to always ask very specific nit-picky questions to which my teacher would tell me to "shut up and calculate". I wish I could have found a mug with that text on it 

Edited by Kaito
added an extra point