Would i need HL maths to apply to SCHULICH

asian

****... ok but how about a 7 in SL maths.

Also does this apply to other top business schools like McGill and Richard Ivey.

thanks

Edited by sweetnsimple786
Please don't try to avoid the swear filter.

well, what they want is probably some specific stretch that you can get from Maths HL, not the high score. So if it is asking for Maths HL, it means Maths HL or more, but not Maths SL.

And you need to go to the University homepage to check if that applies to such universities. Also, check if it is flexible requirements or not. For that, it is probably better for you to call them :P

A lot of unis require math hl and those which don't usually consider it a big plus. Seriously, if you can survive HL you should take it.

Not really. It is better to get 7 in Maths SL than getting 4~5s in Maths HL. If it is not mandatory and you are not confident of it, you don't have to take it. 'SL is okay' means they WILL take SL people, many or few. Obviously 6~7 in Maths HL will help very much, but just saying it is not mandatory.

My boyfriend got into Schulich iBBA and he only took SL maths. But we're from Ontario so they just looked at his Ontario marks rather than IB ones, I guess.

Sorry but wat do u mean by Ontario marks.... didnt he apply with his IB grades

My boyfriend got into Schulich iBBA and he only took SL maths. But we're from Ontario so they just looked at his Ontario marks rather than IB ones, I guess.

Nope, he was accepted sometime in March, before we even wrote our IB exams. We are from Ontario and since York University is an Ontario university, they will choose to look at our high school Ontario marks (ie. the marks on our report cards) rather than our IB grades unless we specifically ask them to consider our IB marks instead.

Nope, he was accepted sometime in March, before we even wrote our IB exams. We are from Ontario and since York University is an Ontario university, they will choose to look at our high school Ontario marks (ie. the marks on our report cards) rather than our IB grades unless we specifically ask them to consider our IB marks instead.

As a matter of fact, _Sherry_, I imagine you can do the same thing, because you're applying from Canada. Generally, Canadian universities will allow you to apply with your provincial grades if they're preferable to your IB ones. I know a friend of mine ended up doing rather mediocre on his exams and lost his scholarship because of it, but they reconsidered him based on his provincial marks (which were quite good).

So, as long as you complete the provincial requirements for entry (which should be on the site somewhere) you should be okay.