Just a small question on the DEC portion of a lab

yellowleo

I'm doing my E systems lab on the effect of soil moisture on the primary productivity of spinach. The problem (among many others related to this assignment) is that I've been looking for another experiment to compare mine to for the DEC portion of the lab (discussion, evaluation and conclusion) but I cannot find anything that isn't locked in some database.

So two things

Does the literature value need to be a lab/experiment that i compare it with or can it just be an article or web page?

Secondly any clues on where i could find a literature value to compare with?

Much thanks

I'm doing my E systems lab on the effect of soil moisture on the primary productivity of spinach. The problem (among many others related to this assignment) is that I've been looking for another experiment to compare mine to for the DEC portion of the lab (discussion, evaluation and conclusion) but I cannot find anything that isn't locked in some database.

So two things

Does the literature value need to be a lab/experiment that i compare it with or can it just be an article or web page?

Secondly any clues on where i could find a literature value to compare with?

Much thanks

Haha such a withdrawal symptom, I was like "What is DEC portion on a lab?" haha.

No you don't need a literature "value" at all, because if you list it, it sounds like you just copy the design & results from somewhere. I suggest sources like textbooks, course companions (Internet links are okay, too) that you can find statement like "By increasing the moisture -> releasing more energy". Sorry if it is not clear enough because I'm not entirely sure what you are doing. Hope it helps though! :blink:

Edited by Aquarius

Even if you don't need a literature value, it makes things easier, and if you use internet link be very careful. YOu could also mention the reliability of the literature value in you evaluation, maybe the literature value comes from a slightly different experiment to yours?