Okay, my school screwed me over

My IB coordinator told me all that I had to do was 150 hours, which to be fair was correct.

However, she didn't tell my class that the program has changed it's CAS requirements, one of which is a project lasting 18 months, until a week before my junior year ended.

You can see my problem. I had planned on doing the 150 hours this year, but now I have no idea what to do, because this new system confuses me immensely.

I would appreciate any and all help I can get at this point.

Damn. Did not know about this one. Then I guess over at my school those who have not yet started out with their CAS share your problem...

Hmh ye I don't know how strict it is with controls and stuff over att yours but haven't you been doing any activity over the year at all which could be applied to CAS?

My IB coordinator told me all that I had to do was 150 hours, which to be fair was correct.

However, she didn't tell my class that the program has changed it's CAS requirements, one of which is a project lasting 18 months, until a week before my junior year ended.

You can see my problem. I had planned on doing the 150 hours this year, but now I have no idea what to do, because this new system confuses me immensely.

I would appreciate any and all help I can get at this point.

Don't worry, my coordinator did the same to us. at first all of us were very angry because some of us had already finished 150 hours.

so as far as I understand like what we did in my school, we had to do 2 projects for Creativity, 2 for Action and 2 for service under a supervisor. There won't be any hours, as long as you have some positive outcome after a reasonable time and effort. In my school, while and after we finished a project, we have to write reflexive diary and essay and get our supervisor's comment on the project.

As I have said, in my school, my CAS coordinator said that there are no more hours counted, only project. He said the IB change it since the class of 2010 (which started from 2008). I'm not sure if it's only his thought though. Check with your CAS or IB coordinator. They MUST know everything and they are responsible for it.

As far as I know, you have to do roughly 150 hours, but the important thing is that they are fairly evenly spread out over the 2 years, or rather 1.5 years, and that there is a reasonable distribution of C, A and S. As long as you meet this, you ought to be fine, I guess. Also, the IBO does not check if people are doing CAS properly, the schools are totally responsible for that.

Narcissist: jag tycker det är underbart om värmeböljan försvinner, man dör i denna hetta. Dessutom behöver de älskade blåbären och svampen lite regn <_<

uhh. from now on, it is not CAS 'hours', but CAS 'projects'. So as long as you you are involved in doing C, A, and S activities, you are not required to do 150 hours of work. (I mean, you don't need to get all signed on your activity. Your 'diary (i.e reflection)' is now the most important thing)

But as long as I know, to get a CAS certificate you relatively have to do 150 hours of activities anyway.