CAS ideas?

Note: I am new to doing CAS hours.

I am currently a sophomore and I am required to do my CAS hours for my Junior and Senior year of high school. I have to do a total of 160 hours. What are some things I can do to complete my CAS hours. Summer is coming up, so I wanted to do some hours over break.

Any ideas??

:)

Note: I am new to doing CAS hours.

I am currently a sophomore and I am required to do my CAS hours for my Junior and Senior year of high school. I have to do a total of 160 hours. What are some things I can do to complete my CAS hours. Summer is coming up, so I wanted to do some hours over break.

Any ideas??

:)

Hi, so I'm in grade 10 and I have to do CAS too! I heard from other people in IB that we can do pen-palling for Creativity hours. Basically, you just find someone doing IB somewhere else and you talk to them in a language you're not fluent in or you discuss global or environmental issues. You email them like once a week, which takes 15 minutes. By the time you graduate (assuming you're going to do it for 2 years) you'll get 26 creativity hours. :) you want to do it with me? Email me back at ***** XD hope to hear from you soon!

Well there is a lot that you can do it as for CAS activities, but in the end it always comes down to your coordinator that approves or disproves the activity, as of now i am playing basketball with autistic children, i want to go to cooking classes with them too! ... for creativity i'm going to learn sign language and help deaf kids as well as make books for orphanages in different countries. Now, for services having trouble... because i don't have much time as i still have to plan out my extended project for IB... so i'm kind of pushing my services to next year... :bawling: but i am applying for ten thousand villages and possibly my downtown mission.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

According to our school, any hours done before the junior year do not count as CAS. They are simply extra curricular activities and volunteer work. I went on a volunteer trip to Mexico and got about 100 hours for it, but it was not accepted because it was the summer before my junior year. You need to make sure with your CAS coordinator that you can start before your actual IB classes and program begins. You don't want to end up tourning in your CAS journal and having the IBO eliminate the work you added into your CAS journal for 9th and 10th grade, which is very possible.