Why does procrastination feel so good?

Jason08

Hey,

Do you guys feel the same way? Like i know procrastination is so BAD especially being in the IB program, but DAMN it feels good to just come home after a long do of TOK, French, Bio, and Chem and not do any work until the last minute.... like wow i'm doing it right now too... my TOK presentation is tomorrow and i'm here writting a forum topic... lol

I don't know if it feels good, but I keep doing it, so I guess it does.

I always feel guilty, but that doesn't stop me.

I think it's like a rebellious thing. Without procrastination, why would I stay up so late? How would I complain about getting no sleep or all that homework?

It's something to complain about, to talk about, to gloat over, to bask in. We all do it.

Good luck on the presentation! Be yourself =) Unless you're acting :D

I am not sure it's a good feeling. :)

I feel guilty the whole time, and while I am doing it, I can only think about the consequences, YET, I STILL do it! Kind of like drugs! We're addicted to procrastination, it's insane.

While I am procrastinating, I think: "GO STUDY, trust me, im telling you that on the day of the exam, you WILL regret it and wished you studied for at least half the time you procrastinated"..I don't listen to my conscious. The day of the exam comes, and I am thinking the exact same thing. Next time, I say the SAME thing to myself, and I KNOW that bitter feeling of regret, yet I do not listen once again..and so on..and so on!

It got to a point where I open up some random medical site and leave it open as I procrastinate as though I am fooling myself and making it think I am doing something useful. Or if I try to improve, I'll open a pdf document of a course a paper and a pencil in front me..then I just get back to doing what I was doing. It's crazy..I can't help it!

It's like procrastination has some control over us, this power that allows you to ignore all completely logical warnings from your dear dear conscious.

GOD HELP ME! I CANT TAKE PROCRASTINATION ANYMORE.

Oh, and thank you for starting this thread now, I feel guilty because I procrastinated A LOT this year and my results are coming out like..after tomorrow! XD:)

Guest Prometheus

ugggh i know what u guys r talkin about. i have my draft for my WL assign. due in 9 hours and i've only got my thesis. as far as why we do it i believe its because we believe that we r so smart sumtimes that we dont have to study or we call pull an essay out of out a** at the last possible minute. Being intelligent is a gift and a curse simutaneously. :)