Spanish B SL or English A2 HL?

Hey! :D

I'm confused... Have no idea whether I should choose Spanish B SL or English A2 HL!

Have any of you done/ are any of you doing one of those? What do you think of it?

Is Spanish B SL hard? What about English A2 HL? Which is the easiest one..?

I'll take Norwegian A1 SL if that matters..

Advice, please!

- Thanks!!

Well I did German A2 and Arabic B. So I can tell you what they are about and maybe that will help you.

A2 was very interesting, because you get to study many options (such as media and language etc) and you read some works. You need to be good at the language though (advanced at it). As IAs you will be asked to write two written tasks which should be fairly easy if your english is good. And you will have some oral assessments as well, in addition to paper 1(being analysis and comparison of two unfamiliar texts) and poaper 2 (essay on studied option).

B was rather boring. You should also be okay at the language, not necessarily a genius though. In paper one u have to read 4 texts and answer questions, and paper 2 you just write an essay. And your IA is just 2 oral assessments!

It depends on your language skills. If you're interested in a challenge then take A2, it's also by far way more interesting than B. But if your spanish is excellent already, then you can ensure a 7 in spanish and thus lift up your average IB grade.

Let me know what you decide :D Hope this helped.

• Like 1

Min norsk vaen :D If I were you I'd choose Spanish B. That way you show that your more than proficient in 3 languages. Spanish B is easy and English A2 is a bit of lit and lang. Everybody at my school hates English A2. I recommend you do Spanish and then do the TOEFL to prove your level of english on paper. I wish I could have chosen Spanish B but my stupid school took out the option for our year for some reason and it is only available as elective.

• Like 1