Do you guys have an IB club?

whattheazn

Oh, that's really cool. I think because my IB school is connected to the main school, we don't need an IB club.For us, field trips and our annual IB banquets are coordinated by my IB coordinator. Singing and candy grams are done by the student council -- which includes the main school and our IB school. Other small activities are also put together by student council.Oh, that's really cool. I think because my IB school is connected to the main school, we don't need an IB club.For us, field trips and our annual IB banquets are coordinated by my IB coordinator. Singing and candy grams are done by the student council -- which includes the main school and our IB school. Other small activities are also put together by student council.

Guest PollyPeptide

Harmonicgirl, it's the same situation at my school. Being in IB excludes you from the rest of the "normal" students.

We have no activities, seriously. Is it just my school that's awfully boring? Oh wait, people taking courses like Language or History get to go to other countries.. But that's all :blush:

We don't have that kind of formal group in which you need to pay and that is very general but there are other activites. For instance, my school is very diverse and international (there's IB, some normal national programmes + a german, french and spanish program) and there are LOADS of clubs in the school. There is no specific 'IB club' because frankly, there is no need for that since most IB students are set apart from the others (we have our own house and garden however with a kitchen, sofa, computer room and some classrooms in which no one but we can enter :blush: !) but there are several clubs that although are open for everyone, ONLY has IB students in it.

Edited by Afterglow

Wow, that sounds intense. At our school about half the school is taking at least one IB class and IB is more just a type of course than its own seperate thing, but many of the teachers use IB guidelines and projects anyways. We are actually trying to integrate it more, rather than seperating IB students, because we want everyone to feel included. There are some nice perks and things, but no club or anything like that.

for our IB club, we have several field trips. We have movies night every quarters. We have IB banquet every year. We go to broomballing plus. we do fun activities like cardboard boat race which is really fun. We do singing gram for valentine and other fun activities.

That's so cool! I think the problem at our school is that we're trying to make less of a seperation between the IB and non - IB students (my grade is pretty much split in half), because most of us don't get to see each of each other during class.

at the my 1st high school we had IBSO (IB student organization) and they worked with the IB parents orginazation, planned the PRE-IB welcome picnic, raised money for the landminds project, planned trips, and other fun activities. we also planned things to do to get cas hours. the IB students were so segragated from the rest of the chool that there was no problem, but at my new school there are only 8 diaploma canidates so ther is no IB club.

Sorry if I'm being repetitive but an IB club would be pointless to me in general because being in IB itself is a club. It seems similar to the idea of having an AP club... Perhaps a club for afterschool help would be interesting, but otherwise it would just be really awkward and pointless. At my school, we still interact with the non-IB kids because we just join other clubs. In fact every single student organization is being lead by a female IB student. :D

Edited by sushitai

Guest iber2468
In my school, every club is an ib club since no regular kids join them.

ROFL!! You don't by chance be in Vancouver? My god at my school, the IB kids found all the clubs, go to all the clubs, pull off some huge campaign in the club, and then write it on their univ application.

*Sigh*