Ok, to start off here are my classes that I chose:

English A1 SL

Arabic A2 SL

Economics SL

Chemistry HL

Physics HL

Math HL

TOK

All my friends are telling me economics is a mistake and I don't know if I should believe them or not. My friends tell me that I should choose Psychology!

The group 3 choices are (all SLs since I already have three HLs):

Economics SL (a one year class)

Psychology SL

History SL

Ok, to start off here are my classes that I chose:

English A1 SL

Arabic A2 SL

Economics SL

Chemistry HL

Physics HL

Math HL

TOK

All my friends are telling me economics is a mistake and I don't know if I should believe them or not. My friends tell me that I should choose Psychology!

The group 3 choices are (all SLs since I already have three HLs):

Economics SL (a one year class)

Psychology SL

History SL

Why would Economics be a mistake? Sure it's a lot of memorizing but so is any Group 3 subject. I've heard you have to learn insane case studies in Psychology and from what I've gathered it seems a lot worse than Econ. So my two cents are these: choose Econ or History and you won't regret it!

A lot of Economics people that I know seem to enjoy it. Do you want to do anything related to either of them? If so you should take that into consideration as well. It's only a SL subject so I suppose that balance it out.

(By the way go for choosing HL maths, physics and chem!)

first of all, do you think you're up to it?

i mean you look like a science guy/girl, so you need to choose a group 3 subject that won't make things harder for you. something that you know you would enjoy and at the same time easy to score high in.

Also, you need to take into consideration the fact that it's a one year course. Are you new to economics? can you keep up with all the new concepts introduced to you during one year? is the teacher good enough to cover everything in this year, and prepare you well enough for the exams?

i don't take economics, that's why i don't know much about it, but i take business, and all i have to do is understand things, i don't really momorise, i think it's the same for economics, since they're related.

and by the way, from my experience, arabic and english won't take so much of your studying time, so you can devote some more of your time to study economics and finish it in the first year.

good luck,

and happy to see chemistry HL and physics HL among your subjects!

:angry:

Don't be scared of economics. I found it to be one of the easiest IB subjects. And it's also extremely easy to get very high grades in it, even if you're new to it. Before taking economics, I had no idea about the whole subject, and yet I managed to do very well in the exams. Moreover my friends who have been taking history suffered way more than I did because the material was so much etc.. economics at SL is very simple (consists of only 2 papers) and it's seriously easy. So my advice for you is to go for it, you definitely won't regret it.