Ab initio Paper 2

I understand the marking criteria for paper 2 (writing) for ab initio. However, I find it quite general.

For Japanese ab initio, what is it the examiner is looking for in particular for good marks?

Like, lots of Kanji? Various grammar? Opinions?

This question probably seems really obvious, but I feel that I'm always following the criteria, but get like 22/30 or 24, something like that, and can't seem to improve, no matter about what structure or Kanji, etc., I use.

So, like, when you sit down to write an essay, what do you make sure you include to score high marks?

Thank you :D

Go a bit on a tangent, elaborate just that one more sentence.

What do you mean by this? As in, add an opinion to something I'm talking about, or something like that? Or how do you mean. (I'm kind of slow as my head is processing more Kanji haha)

Thank you for your help =3

ye extend on your ideas. Thing is most people will write very rigid sentences with little emotion, this is why you need to add your personal opinion or sort use the conditional to question the situation, maybe a rhetorical question. It's quite good to vary your sentence structure and string of thought. It's just logical, don't be boring and try to come across as intriguing.

In the IB you get marks for ideas so the further you develop them the more marks you get. Simple as that.

Hmmm yeah definitely. Thank you! ^^

Also, whilst on subject of paper 2 - in the criteria it says 'shows cultural awareness'. That can be really hard sometimes. Like I once saw an essay about 'your favourite day'. I couldn't think of where to show my cultural awareness of Japan in that essay...do you know if it's totally necessary to show that?

You're being a total life saviour answering these, thank you! :S