English A2 HL paper 1 (MAY10)

luiz

What did you think?

I'm timezone 0 and I thought it was insanely hard.. Option A had extremely difficult texts and option B had 2 different types of texts, the poem being very strange. Ended up choosing option B but wasn't happy :/

You?

There is only one time zone for A2, that's TZ0, no?

Anywho, I did Section B on the moose. Failed to remember that the plural of a moose is moose, though, so I'm kinda embarrassed. I must've written mooses on the exam like a trillion times... Oh well. Thought it was OK overall. I managed to get a lot out of the metaphor in the end of the poem, the ''sun drops to...'' one. I wrote that it was the persona's way of expressing his opinion of the moose's killing, since it created a gloomy and dark mood, and then I linked that to the obvious criticism in the other text. :D

There is only one time zone for A2, that's TZ0, no?

Anywho, I did Section B on the moose. Failed to remember that the plural of a moose is moose, though, so I'm kinda embarrassed. I must've written mooses on the exam like a trillion times... Oh well. Thought it was OK overall. I managed to get a lot out of the metaphor in the end of the poem, the ''sun drops to...'' one. I wrote that it was the persona's way of expressing his opinion of the moose's killing, since it created a gloomy and dark mood, and then I linked that to the obvious criticism in the other text. :D

haha yeah, I was thinking about what the plural was.. moose, mooses, meese? :) ended up using moose though :D

I think Section B (The one with the moose. :D ) was lot easier compared to Section A.

Is it right to say, that Text 4's aim was to raise awareness about mistreatment of animals and arrogant attitude of humans towards nature?

By the way, how long have you written? :D

I think Section B (The one with the moose. :D ) was lot easier compared to Section A.

Is it right to say, that Text 4's aim was to raise awareness about mistreatment of animals and arrogant attitude of humans towards nature?

I disagree with that idea because at the end, the author explained that the moose became dangerous to the people.

Also, I walked out after an hour because I had nothing else to write, so I only wrote 2 double pages and half a side...

I think Section B (The one with the moose. :) ) was lot easier compared to Section A.

Yeah I think you can say that. I wrote that both texts basically just criticize the way man treats nature, so essentially the same.

I wrote 3 full pages (6 sides) and a sentence on the 4th one. :D