Theater Arts HL

Guest smallishelfone

Guest parenthetically
Who else does journals, or is that something my teacher just made up?

It's not something your teacher made up, it's a valuble theatre tool for anyone and some of what you write in it will eventually go into your portfolio. I do one as well, though not as regularly as I should. I'm in SL, but you need a portfolio for both.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest latingring0
At my school, students are not allowed to do Theatre HL. Does anybody know why this could be?

There possibly isn't a teacher who is quallified to teach the class and hasn't had the IB training yet.

• 2 weeks later...

OP yes people do journals and crazy big ones at that. This girl who did Theatre HL had one of the printers at my school going all day that is how big her journal was. It was so big that I think she should have done 2 volumes, seriously, the stack of paper was as about 5 and a half inches high

• 2 weeks later...

you are supposed to do journals but they usually arent marked for content or anything, so i just wrote random crap in it like my opinion on the nba or whatever for like 20 pages one sunday, drew some pictures and diagrams wwhich looked like they had something to do with the topic at hand and labelled everything like i was writing about what we were learning, and lo and behold i got a 7 on my journal.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah we do journals as well - it is really useful when it comes to doing the TPPP! Trying to remember what you did during the first year of IB and the impact on it and the processes is hard if you haven't written about it all! I cannot imagine talking for 30 minutes struggling to remember all I've done within the two years!

I don't write in it too much except it also helps with the IPP as you can link back to all the practitioners you have learnt about/studied and that saves further research!

• 2 years later...

Who else does journals, or is that something my teacher just made up?

It most definitely is not. I know a lot of teachers that do journals. And I would advise you take them seriously; they really come in handy during your TPPP, an IA where you have to talk about what you've done in IB theatre. So I recommend you do very detailed journal entries - it'll make the TPPP way easier for you.