Christmas Cards

Afterglow

So one thing that cheered me up today was the fact that today I bought this year's christmas cards! Now generally, I don't celebrate Christmas. I'm not even a christian but I still send out christmas cards because most of my friends celebrate it and it's a nice gesture and rather fun. From the past three years, I've been doing yearly card exchanges with 10-15 people around the world and it's so fun because I know they appriciate getting one day a card in their box and I certainly light up when I get one.

I always buy cards from charity. Usually it is Unicef because they have so pretty cards and I love the organisation itself but this year there was such a vast variety of charity organizations to choose from such as unicef, red cross, cancer research, save the children and the latter had so pretty and creative cards that I couldn't resist. It's also a nice thing because when you buy a dozen of cards, you can at least give money to charity as well for Christmas >.<

Do you send christmas cards? Or New Year for the matter? Does anyone do exchanges as well? I wouldn't mind doing some more exchanges myself :P

Edited by Afterglow

So one thing that cheered me up today was the fact that today I bought this year's christmas cards! Now generally, I don't celebrate Christmas. I'm not even a christian but I still send out christmas cards because most of my friends celebrate it and it's a nice gesture and rather fun. From the past three years, I've been doing yearly card exchanges with 10-15 people around the world and it's so fun because I know they appriciate getting one day a card in their box and I certainly light up when I get one.

I absolutely love it! >.< Just I do these cards by myself. About 4 weeks before christmas I start doing cards (I prepare all needed materials and think of the design) Usually I send them to family and friends. Getting and sending cards is very nice gesture and makes people happy that somebody remember of him and make a little bit more effort then just dial a phone number.

And making christmas cards is fun! :P ^^

Edited by Harmonicgirl

• 3 weeks later...
I absolutely love it! :rofl: Just I do these cards by myself. About 4 weeks before christmas I start doing cards (I prepare all needed materials and think of the design) Usually I send them to family and friends.

I think it's nice that you make them. In a world where everything can be bought and made impersonal so easily, it's nice to see someone still cares enough to take the time. It's harder, obviously, but it's just nicer. Kudos to you. :D