Mandarin

Guest Welle

LOL

Im not in IB1 CHI yet but I reckon Y11 CHI was absolutely RANDOM. We did NOTHING. The only thing we did was learning this really hilarious chinese song.

wo hen ke ai ke shi wo hen wen ro.

hehehehehehehehehe

It was like a free period. Chinese classes = laugh until your stomach hurts.

Actually Mistyrose it was,

Wo hen chou keshi wo hen wen rou!

Dui mian de nu hai kan guo lai, kan guo lai

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

怎么样?

I'm a Mandarin Ab Initio teacher in Australia ... I find that 2 years is a super short time to learn everything IB would like you to learn in just 2 years ... I'd really love to do some of the fun cultural things like music, movies, etc but find that I'm too busy ramming content down the throats of my students ... Do any of your teachers find time for fun? Or is this just a typical IB DP student issue - that there's never any time for fun? Have there been any activities that you've enjoyed doing in your Mando Ab In classes?post-25826-085206000 1283417018_thumb.jp

祝好!

小山老师

• 3 weeks later...

怎么样?

I'm a Mandarin Ab Initio teacher in Australia ... I find that 2 years is a super short time to learn everything IB would like you to learn in just 2 years ... I'd really love to do some of the fun cultural things like music, movies, etc but find that I'm too busy ramming content down the throats of my students ... Do any of your teachers find time for fun? Or is this just a typical IB DP student issue - that there's never any time for fun? Have there been any activities that you've enjoyed doing in your Mando Ab In classes?post-25826-085206000 1283417018_thumb.jp

祝好!

小山老师

i am also taking Mandarin ab initio at the moment. and i have to say that it's really insane. i have no difficulties in pronunciation and grammar but memorizing the characters is a real pain. and the pace is insanely fast. i could only memorize half of the characters that i was supposed to learn.

there is always a lot of homework. the work in class is fine, but we don't actually have much fun. :[