Do you know someone with a dysfunctional behaviour?

bLub

I was just wondering whether you guys know people who are psychologically ill!? (schizhophrenia, depression, phobia, anorexia...) How do you know that person and what is it like for you? How do you deal with it?

My uncle is "partially" schizophrenic, i.e. he is not really schizophrenic but he has got some symptoms of it. It makes him a bit "strange" and sometimes you feel uncomfortable but apart from that, he's a good guy...

• 4 weeks later...

I was just wondering whether you guys know people who are psychologically ill!? (schizhophrenia, depression, phobia, anorexia...) How do you know that person and what is it like for you? How do you deal with it?

My uncle is "partially" schizophrenic, i.e. he is not really schizophrenic but he has got some symptoms of it. It makes him a bit "strange" and sometimes you feel uncomfortable but apart from that, he's a good guy...

I personally have been diagnosed with depression, panic disorder, social phobia and ED-NOS (eating disorder). I am not really past all these problems but I do know how to deal with them. At the moment depression and social phobia is something that does not bother me much, as I have kid of gotten past that.

These days I deal with my eating disorder which goes up and down, some days better than others, it's ridiculously difficult to get these sort of things back on track and I have many physical problems caused by the long term effects of it, however my panic disorder is getting increasingly worse now as the final exams are closing in. What I do to manage it (along with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) is just remember that my fears are completely irrational, that what I am experiencing in not dangerous, do some breathing exercises and simply just try to calm down.

What helps me get through these exams is that I am entitled to additional examination time and breaks between and I have studied extremely well for the exams so I feel less stressed and thus I have decreased the probability of a severe panic attack during the actual exams I hope.

• Like 1