History Essays

SushiMonstar

• 4 months later...

My teacher might be a conservative marker, but definitely with the essays we do for class and I think for the exams as well you have to get 19/20 for a 7. Possibly an 18, although I think that might just be a high 6. As I say, that might be tough marking looking at some of the posts before me, or maybe he gives points easier and that's why you have to get such a high mark for a 7... I don't know!

As I say, that might be tough marking looking at some of the posts before me, or maybe he gives points easier and that's why you have to get such a high mark for a 7... I don't know!

He probably gives marks easier - my history teacher (who is very experienced and usually more than half of her students get 6 or 7) rarely gives anyone over 16-17 from essays.

My teacher might be a conservative marker, but definitely with the essays we do for class and I think for the exams as well you have to get 19/20 for a 7. Possibly an 18, although I think that might just be a high 6. As I say, that might be tough marking looking at some of the posts before me, or maybe he gives points easier and that's why you have to get such a high mark for a 7... I don't know!

What? It is basically impossible to get above 16!

The only person in my school to ever break that boundary was this History God, who got 18, and is currently learning History at Cambridge...

I generally get around an 18, sometimes a 19, sometimes a 17. (but I normally get the highest marks in the class and I think others do get much less,although this might be as I have more experience and interest in History than the others and it is a very small class.) Earlier on in the course, I did get much less though. However, as I said, and as others have suggested, this is probably easy marking, and I think you need a 19 for a 7.

I don't see why it should be so impossible to get high marks though? Surely there is a marking criteria and it will say what it is you have to do to acheive those marks? If those marks exist there must be a way to achieve them. My teacher says the way to get the highest marks it to provide good historiographhy and historical argument and not just provide a narrative, and to read around the subject. But I guess all teachers have a different way of marking, and it's interesting to see the differences on this thread, particularly interesting as I have always thought of my teacher as a conservative marker!

Edited by Strummer