Chemistry syllabus 2009

TNT

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

do I understand it correctly, that according to the 2009 syllabus Chemistry SL students do not have to know about spontaneity, proteins and esterification? I always thought my study guide was tricking me when it didn't show these as SL, because they came up in past papers and because at a revision course they taught us about Gibbs free energy.... but I guess that was due to the old syllabus?!

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

do I understand it correctly, that according to the 2009 syllabus Chemistry SL students do not have to know about spontaneity, proteins and esterification? I always thought my study guide was tricking me when it didn't show these as SL, because they came up in past papers and because at a revision course they taught us about Gibbs free energy.... but I guess that was due to the old syllabus?!

Thanks in advance.

And another question ^^ Looking at the reaction pathways scheme from the syllabus, how do you get from a dihalogenoalkane to a trihalogenoalkane? addition of a hydrogen halide?

post-15802-127157884487_thumb.jpg