Scotland (Aberdeen/Glasgow) or France (Montpellier/Marseille)?

bLub

Well, I have the decision to make: Either I'll go to the Uni of Aberdeen, Glasgow, Montpellier or Aix-Marseille next year.... Please, could you help me list pros and cons? ie tell me anything positive/negative about the cities you know (like weather,... is it really that rainy and freezy over the whole year in Scotland, i.e. Glasgow and Aberdeen? (or is it less rainy in one of the two cities?))... anything, please...

Thanks a lot!!

(ps: i know the language issues, so, apart from that ;P)

Well Aberdeen is one of the oldest universities in Europe, but if someone could help me its not in Lowland Scotland, its more cut-off from ... the beaten track. You normally study four years in Scotland if memory serves me. For an insight into living in Scotland read Iain Banks, "The Crow Road" or "Espedair Street" if you have the time. As for cold and wet, Scotland is known for having some of the freshest water in Europe, and its colder here in Geneva in the winter-time than parts of Scotland.

As for Montpelier an Aix-Marseille, the first is a university town, where there are many new developments for student housing. For the other, if you have a course of study you know you want to follow it might be a good choice, I just don't know. It sounds wonderful though!

Thanks for your replies, guys.

Well, as for France I'm considering to the course "LEA" which is two foreign languages and some civilisation etc... I'd love to do Psychologie or so but I think that would be (linguistically) just too ahrd...

• 2 weeks later...

That's a tough choice, which do you prefer? One of them isn't necessarily "better" than the other. Personally of the two I would find Glasgow more interesting, but I don't know about "linguistics" and I can't stand French (okay, just enough to show off now and then.)

hm... it's just the fact that it's awfully cold up there in Scotland. 4 years living in a cloudy, rainy, windy place!? well, i don't really know whether i prefer linguistics or psychology. as far as I've read though, Glasgow is even colder and rainier than Edinburgh, so if I chose Scotland over France, I might rather go there? arrrr dunnoooo what 2 dooo :rofl: