TOK Presentations

Guest Mr Canada

Guest Mr Canada

At our school we get 2 opportunities for TOK presentations. I sat and saw the DP2's presentations and I got quite a few topic examples.

Global Warming --- (don't know the issues yet but will get back to that later)

2008 Olympics - Boycott or Not? --- History, past decisions on when to boycott, and Ethics, how the Chinese treat their people

GreenPeace - Morally Justified? --- Reason/Emotion, how do the activist justify their actions,

Is cloning good or bad --- Ethics, is it ethical to clone living things, Language, what do they use for terms when speaking about cloning i.e positive or negative.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mr_whatsisname

well some of the topics used in my class were:The Problem of Evil (my topic 20/20)Dreams (19/20)Athletics and its links with religion (19/20)freedom of speech (17/20)body language (16/20)Fashion as a way of communication (17/20)hoped i gave a bit of inspiration:Pwell some of the topics used in my class were:The Problem of Evil (my topic 20/20)Dreams (19/20)Athletics and its links with religion (19/20)freedom of speech (17/20)body language (16/20)Fashion as a way of communication (17/20)hoped i gave a bit of inspiration:P

Guest Impashence
well some of the topics used in my class were:The Problem of Evil (my topic 20/20)Dreams (19/20)Athletics and its links with religion (19/20)freedom of speech (17/20)body language (16/20)Fashion as a way of communication (17/20)hoped i gave a bit of inspiration:Pwell some of the topics used in my class were:The Problem of Evil (my topic 20/20)Dreams (19/20)Athletics and its links with religion (19/20)freedom of speech (17/20)body language (16/20)Fashion as a way of communication (17/20)hoped i gave a bit of inspiration:P

Mine is: Military Industrial Complexes and the knowledge issues involved.. I havent gotten a grade yet. But we're in the process?

WOW! Congratulation!!!

I want to know what I got :D

Thanks!! My topic was about whether doping in sports is ethically justified and I had a lot of sources and newspaper articles :innocent: I am happy now, this is actually my final presentation :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :rofl:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Wait a minute...so how many TOK presentations are there? I thought the only things were the TOK essay and the IA...?

I think for TOK , there is just one essay and one presentation. Some schools (like ours) do a practice in one year, and the actual oral in the other year. I might be wrong? :P

OK, so I'm doing my presentation this year on ethics for sure. I'll either look at cheating or at sharing. I have to figure it out, but my presentation is on March 27th, so I have some time. Ha ha, last year I was the first person to present, this year I'm the very last. :D

You are teh suck, because you get it after spring break.

I have it on March 14th... didn't start planning yet.

• 2 weeks later...

We did two lessons a week, but for the entire first year, we did absolutely nothing of any value. The teacher who got assigned to our class is a MATH teacher, knew nothing about TOK, basically we wasted time staring out of the window. In yr 13, it got slightly more useful, but i don't think the classes helped me AT ALL. This may be why i've done about 800 drafts of my essay and it's still pretty terrible.

We did two lessons a week, but for the entire first year, we did absolutely nothing of any value. The teacher who got assigned to our class is a MATH teacher, knew nothing about TOK, basically we wasted time staring out of the window. In yr 13, it got slightly more useful, but i don't think the classes helped me AT ALL. This may be why i've done about 800 drafts of my essay and it's still pretty terrible.

don worry... you'll get it perffect.

yea... in my school we do the presentation in beginning of 2nd year... 1 practise, n then the real thing.

got a lotta insisght from watching the seniors present this week

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest jonmah

I did freedom of the press too. It's funny though, I don't remember getting a grade from my teacher. Either that, or he's withholding it from us.

The presentation is internally assessed, right?