Chemistry HL

vanilla chai

Okay, well I'm not doing so well in the class :D

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to study for it? Or if there are any websites that might help me do better? Sometimes, it's not that I don't understand it's just I get confused really easily; at first I was doing really badly, then it got better, but now (after getting a test back) I'm not feeling so well anymore D: Should I take a summer revision course? (are there any that you guys recommend?)

I would recommend doing past paper questions to discover exactly what it is you don't know or find difficult, then approach somebody specific for help.

We had horrific teaching for chemistry (when we were actually taught, that is...) so I coughed up some money for private tuition. Going to my chemistry teacher for help was exceedingly unenlightening >__> Provided you do the work beforehand to find out exactly what it is you don't understand, you probably don't even need that much help in terms of time. I mean, I had like 3 1 hour sessions and all my problems were sorted. I found it more effective to do this than a course (I'd rather have people answer my specific questions than just be re-taught it again in terms of time efficiency!). Pretty bad that you have to seek help outside of school, but where you have a teacher who can't get a concept across to you, with Chem there aren't many alternatives.

When you DO get the hang of it, trust me you'll feel much more comfortable with the subject :D Just keep at past questions!

Oh yes, and you should also ask your teacher about it. Just tell him/her about how you're concerned that you're not doing well in the class, that you don't get some of the concepts etc and maybe he/she'll offer to tutor you or at least give you some worksheets or photocopies or perhaps direct you in some direction with books from the library.