Is anyone in Model United Nations or Youth European Parliament?

Seven hours?!?

Wow, the most that I have done at a conference was three hours one night and four hours the next day.

How many seven hour days did you have at your conference?

I also agree with how some people think that MUN is boring when they don't know the issues. That was the case for the majority of the students that participated as part of our delegation for our first conference. They ended up not liking it and pretty much sat in their spots and never participated in caucuses. This was even the case for me the first time I went to a conference, but the second time it was so much more fun because I was familiar with the procedures and because I studied my topic well.

The conference started at 8am and lasted until 5pm. There were breaks and lunch in between, but it was still a long time to sit in your seats.

Here they have 2 MUN conferences a year, one in Hebrew and one in English. The English one is in 2 weeks, and the timetable is messed up because of national exams taking place in Israeli schools. They had to shorten the conference, and start it at night because of the Jewish sabbath. The opening ceremony will start at 9pm and end at 11pm. It's going be interesting to see how it turns out, since it's the first year that it's being run like that.

At the MUN conferences people have been to, did they always have a party/dance/banquet on one of the last days? The 3 that I've been to have, and I'm wondering if it's like that everywhere.

The conference started at 8am and lasted until 5pm. There were breaks and lunch in between, but it was still a long time to sit in your seats.

Here they have 2 MUN conferences a year, one in Hebrew and one in English. The English one is in 2 weeks, and the timetable is messed up because of national exams taking place in Israeli schools. They had to shorten the conference, and start it at night because of the Jewish sabbath. The opening ceremony will start at 9pm and end at 11pm. It's going be interesting to see how it turns out, since it's the first year that it's being run like that.

At the MUN conferences people have been to, did they always have a party/dance/banquet on one of the last days? The 3 that I've been to have, and I'm wondering if it's like that everywhere.

Nope the conferences that I have been to have been 2-3 days. No parties, dances, or banquets. That would be a fun thing to have though.

• 2 months later...