Summer Preparation For IB

The Economist

I have recently seen the topic "Future IB Students" and how many kids are getting into the IB world this September , so i thought it wound be a good idea , to ask those ones who have experience at IB what it would be good to study this summer just before school starts. I've got some answers , that i should revision 1-2 subjects , but wouldn't it be better to revision what we've already done this year?

Or should I leave everything behind me , and wait for the school to start?

You new students are just so eager. Relax, it's the last summer of peace until you finish IB.

Revise a bit of the stuff that you've done last year, and mentally prepare yourself for the doom of IB.

You new students are just so eager. Relax, it's the last summer of peace until you finish IB.

Revise a bit of the stuff that you've done last year, and mentally prepare yourself for the doom of IB.

Hadn't you studied anything before you got in the IB program??

No, because anything you study is going change the way you learn it in IB. I didn't learn anything, all I did was educate myself with the way the IB works and the requirements of it. And I was **** scared about how hard Maths HL was going to be. Whatever you learn right now, will taint the way you learn it again.

No. I spent two months in Toronto and then I came back and faced the wrath of IB.

Take it easy...

No. I don't even remember the summer leading up to IB. I think I wasted it online gaming...? Luckily I'm over that now and I won't waste this summer ^_^

I wouldn't even suggest revising any of your subjects, because unless you were in pre-IB before, what you've learnt may not be relevant at all to the IB syllabus. In 10th grade we did geometry and all this other American Math, then we came to IB1 and were told "Forget all of what you learnt last year, we don't need any of it because it was for an American syllabus and the IB has a different one". The only subject revision will help in is for languages. If you're doing Ab Initio, learn some basic phrases/the alphabet if you need to, and if you're doing SL or HL just learn new vocabulary.