Double degree... in two different cities

Magdalena

Hello IB-friends,

I know some of you has already holiday but a problem of choosing a university constantly tortures me:

I've made up my mind that I will earn BA in Kent/Warwick (Joint honours:'Film Studies/Literature') and then in Cardiff (Joint honours: 'Journalism& Media/Cultural Criticism' - heard here is one of the best journalism in whole UK - is that right?). Then I'm going to conquer America and earn some postgraduates there XD But this is not the case. My question is: do you have any idea how could I make these two undergraduate degrees in less than 6 years? And do you think this is generally a good concept?

thanks for your help,

Magda

If you were in Canada... to do both undergrad programs, it would take at the most 10 years.

And Aboo has an excellent point.

If your future job is worth all the money that you put into school, then go for it.

But if you can't pay off all the debt you're going to inevitably gain... then you might need to rethink it.

I think thsoe 2 degrees both take 3 years to complete, and you would have to finish one first and then apply to complete the other. So you're looking at 6 years, no less. Why do you need 2 degrees? One degree plus a Masters is more than enough, and as an international student you'd have to be very rich to fund 2 degrees in the UK (there is very little financial aid available for international students, so it all has to come out of your own pocket).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's possible for a person to take two undergraduate degrees. Once you have graduated from a undergraduate degree, you're a graduate. Anything you study afterwards can only be postgraduate.

It's likely I'm mistaken, though, I'm not too clear. It seems excessive to study two BA Honours, though, seriously. Pick one! We can't have it all! :blink: Good luck!