Physics or Chemistry?

Soundarya

I'll be doing IB from this August. I wanna do law later and since i have to do a science, i cant decide between SL Chem or SL physics. I dont like both those subjects. So please help me decide:)

The other subjects i'll be doing are:

Eng A1 - HL

Economics - HL

Business - HL

Math - SL

French - SL

The easiest science is generally considered to be Biology...? If it's offered, you should take it!

Anyway, if you can't do Bio, SL Chem and SL Physics are of more or less the same difficulty. Both of them skip out the really hard bits of syllabus which splits them from HL to about the same degree, but neither are a total doss. Depends which you're more interested in, I suppose! Personally I'd find Chem more interesting. Tell you what, have you thought about checking through the syllabus? Or textbooks? I reckon if you see the course like that you might feel better informed to make a good decision, as IMO there's not much separating the two except for personal aptitude and preference XD

I didnt do bio for my igcse..so i'm not allowed to do it for IB..I did go through the syllabus..I should probabaly check the text books. Thank You:D

That sucks XD

If you did reasonably well in your GCSE, you should totally get them to let you do Bio, though. If you really can't stand Chem and Physics, that is XD My friend did SL Bio straight off, having done none before, and ended up exactly as good as the others. The SL Bio course covers a lot of the basics and principles and as I recall had no presumed knowledge to it. Of course they wouldn't let her do HL Bio, but it's worth giving it a go if you're pretty insistent about it!

I think if you really look at the curriculum you might find that in some way, chemistry might be some-what a little more important to your law degree. Just a tad. Physics is really great of course. it shows up on Mcat and its a field applicable, just maybe not to the extent that chemistry is at this point. I am more concerned about the actual class, and what it teaches. Some of the universities value a 7 in physics more highly than in bio and chem, automatically putting it a tad (just a tad) above the other 2 sciences.

Chemistry will go through the industry of oil, the production of economic factors and touch at some expansive fields you might have to deal with later on in life as a lawyer. So in this aspect, it might be wise to take chem and especially since its not so heavy on just math but also the concepts. Physics will be pure math, so if u can handle that - go for it XD If math is something of a breeze.

But really like the above advice gave you, definitely take Bio if it's allowed. It will prove most worthy in the end.

Personally, I think that chemistry is much easier, and SL must be even easier than HL XD For physics you must really understand the background theory and that can be very hard in some cases, especially if you're not interested. Chemistry is a bit more memorizing, but it makes sense and SL doesn't have to deal with all exceptions.

So go for chemistry.

May I ask why you are doing both Economics and Business and Management? Is it becausr you adore them or think they'll come in handy if you ever wanted to do business? Because if it the latter choose another language or History? But then again it's your choice entirely and no one should tell you otherwise but I'm just curious.