Predicted Grades

lindieeluieee

When I got my offers, none of them said anything about excluding bonus points. And I applied only to UK universities. So I would say that the offer from Bath there includes bonus points. But if you want to be sure, email the admissions office there and politely ask, referring to the course code you find on UCAS. Don't paste the link to the website and ask, the course code is more precise. You can do the same for all other universities too. They may actually reply fast now because the main admissions process is over, and Clearing hasn't started yet, plus no one has gotten exam results.

I think in America and Canada it may be more common to exclude bonus points, because none of my friends who applied to the UK got offers explicitly saying "excluding bonus points". But in other parts of Europe like Germany and Sweden, bonus points often don't count.

I think 42.

After all, there is no way to predict really how you are going to do for those 3 points...

Your EE supervisor and TOK tecaher read your essays and make predictions.

All the places I looked at applying (UK) included bonus points in their offer :) They made a point of saying so. If it's not announced on the website etc., I'd just contact them about it.

I found bonus point predictions a bit silly anyway. When our predictions were done, we hadn't been started on our EEs and had never written a TOK essay! So the school just randomly predicted us all 2 points.

Edited by Sandwich

In my school, it's out of 45.

Because it's not like everyone automatically gets the 3 points. Some people get 2.

With a score of 45, you know a total score, which is a lot more useful.

At least, (as I said) that is how they do it in my school.

I suppose it must vary for universities because for University of Manitoba (which no one probably cares about:P All going to the big universities, right? lol) They look at a scale of 45 when they give you scholarships. Which makes sense, since the TOK and EE act like a philosophy paper and then some aort of English paper. Ish, depends on your topic. But yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

Because it's not like everyone automatically gets the 3 points. Some people get 2.

Why would some people only get two points?

Plus, I found the answer from my counsellor. He said he would write the range of points. That is, if you are predicted 38/42, your range would be 38-41 points predicted. At least that's how he does it...

Why would some people only get two points?

Plus, I found the answer from my counsellor. He said he would write the range of points. That is, if you are predicted 38/42, your range would be 38-41 points predicted. At least that's how he does it...

You only get 3 bonus points if you have two As or 1 A and 1 B... in your Extended Essay and Tok.

Now lets say you get 2 Bs, then you only get 2 diploma points.

It is also possible for you to get 1 Diploma point out of three... depending on how you do on your EE and in Tok.

Edited by 1-2-3