What are the IB standards for acceptance into UCLA?

mangoendurance

Hi, I am what would be considered an 'international student' to UCLA since i live in Canada. I have many extracurricular activities (such as concert choir, chamber choir, concert band, police academy, volunteering at local organizations, volunteering at summer camps for children, missions trips, and more) plus I am about to take the SAT tomorrow, however my total points out of 45 are a bit scary.

I would like to know (from any country, those of you who are IB students who have been accepted to UCLA, and also those IB students who have graduated either recently or a while ago):

• * what are the guidelines for acceptance into UCLA?

• * what predicted grades did you receive in each subject?

• * what overall amount of credits did you receive?

• * Also if you do not mind, what faculty are/did you studying in?

I am really interested in attending this university, however I am a bit shaky on the academic side. I also know that priority is given first to Californians, Americans, THEN International students.

Thank you all very much in advance, help and explanation is most appreciated!

Edited by mangoendurance

My friend got in to UCLA for electrical engineering is predicted a 39/45 I believe. I'm not too sure about his SAT scores but I believe its over 2000. One thing you should try to do is participate in as much extracurriculars as possible with important positions because American universities really look for things like that.

Good luck with your SATs

4 people were accepted into UCLA this year from my school. Many more applied.

1 - Engineering - Predicted 39 out of a possible 42 (bonus points were not taken into account) - SAT 1900

2 - Arts - Predicted 39/42 - SAT 2200 - Also got into Berkeley

3 - Arts - Predicted 40/42 - SAT 1900 - Also got into Berkeley

4 - Engineering - Predicted 41/42 - SAT 1800

Edited by Forester
  • Like 1

Hi, I am what would be considered an 'international student' to UCLA since i live in Canada. I have many extracurricular activities (such as concert choir, chamber choir, concert band, police academy, volunteering at local organizations, volunteering at summer camps for children, missions trips, and more) plus I am about to take the SAT tomorrow, however my total points out of 45 are a bit scary.

I would like to know (from any country, those of you who are IB students who have been accepted to UCLA, and also those IB students who have graduated either recently or a while ago):

• * what are the guidelines for acceptance into UCLA?

• * what predicted grades did you receive in each subject?

• * what overall amount of credits did you receive?

• * Also if you do not mind, what faculty are/did you studying in?

I am really interested in attending this university, however I am a bit shaky on the academic side. I also know that priority is given first to Californians, Americans, THEN International students.

Thank you all very much in advance, help and explanation is most appreciated!

Well, someone from my school recently got in, so I can tell you a little bit about what he did.

He had a few sports, a few other things as well, but was primarily a good drama student and did a lot of school plays and other acting things.

I'm pretty sure he had an IB score of 37.

I'm in a school in the United States, but not California, so I guess he had a little bit of an edge over an international student.