Chemistry HL Book

alldaylongchilling

Hey, I wanted to ask whether anyone knows a really good book for Chemistry HL.

I have the Oxford University Press Study Guide and the Course Compagnion, but I don't find them all that good.

I recently bought the new Heinemann book for Biology HL after being fed up with the Course Compagnion which is usually really good... Does anyone have any experience with the chemistry book of that publisher or any other book they can recommend?

Thanks a lot!

Yeah I didn't find those books all that helpful either, so I feel your pain. Anyways, our teacher had these huge obese looking IBID books for Chemistry. She gave us ones which were out of date (so they were actually useless) but they were very good textbooks and extremely well laid out, with the syllabus targets etc. laid out at the start of each section. I thought they were great, but our school wouldn't fork out the money to buy a brand new set for our current syllabus. If the new one (and there is one) is anything like the old one, I'd go for it smile.gif

In my opinion, the Group 4 books published by Hodder are pretty good - I have one for Biology written by Clegg, and it is pretty much awesome to use: easy to read with colourful diagrams and imagery.

The one that's being written for the new Chemistry syllabus, however, comes out at the end of September 2009, but I'm guessing that since the Biology one was so exceptional, the one for Chemistry should also be. :P

I recently bought the new Heinemann book for Biology HL after being fed up with the Course Compagnion which is usually really good...

I've read the Heinemann physics book and I liked it a lot, so I think that the chemistry one might be worth buying.

• 1 month later...